• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Motorola Moto G XT1032 KitKat 4.4.4 upgrade to Lollipop 5.02

romeodude

Lurker
Hi all,
I am new to android and would be very grateful for anyones help, I attempted to upgrade my newly UK purchased moto G xt1032 4.4.4 Kitkat to Lollipop 5.02 by following the 'Analogindex.com' link (how-to-update-motorola-moto-g-1st-gen-xt1032-to-android-5-0-2-lollipop-cyanogenmod-12-konstakang-custom-rom-tutorial-_118532) which is at the bottom of my post. However things didn't go as planned.

I followed all of these steps perfectly until i got to step.10 .. then things went wrong.. when i selected "wipe cache partition" the phone rebooted to the lock screen, now i can't get the phone into recovery mode.. every time i select recovery option instead of getting the dead android (no command), the phone reboots to the bootloader lock screen. PLEASE HELP !!
I followed all the steps correctly.. the phone is rooted and flashed as instructed in description, using r2-motog-superboot and CWM Recovery. I still have the Supersu app showing and i have re-flashed CWM Recovery but still have the same issue. I am still on Kitkat 4.4.4. The 'wipe cache partition' also removed the Gapps and CM12 KonstaKANG files from the SD internal memory.
Any help will be much appreciated ...
I NEED HELP PLEASE!! THANKS

http://analogindex.com/howto/how-to...2-konstakang-custom-rom-tutorial-_118532.html

If you are still on kitkat 4.4.4 then try a software update from within the phone, I got 5.0.2 OTA at the weekend

Hi All,

Thanks for the response's !!
a quick update: I installed 'Philz Recovery' onto my phone and BOOM all good.. managed to access recovery, I flashed CM12 and currently running on the latest lollipop 5.0.2 falcon_nightly.
Using for 2 days daily with no issues .. :):)

Back
Top Bottom