• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[International] new update ricived this morning !

On the LG8 baseband, I had drain due to Fast Dormancy. The Cell Standby issue is not addressed by this as this is simply a baseband update and the issue is simply a reporting issue, in the frameworks.

any idea why I havent received an update? I'm also in the UK, flashed to an unbranded firmware. both baseband and build is LG8. I checked for an update but it said none found

Are you rooted? If so, you have to manually flash the new baseband.

really? that's inconvenient. I thought any update would override whatever 'custom' stuff I had on the phone.

It's not as If I have a custom rom. It's the latest unbranded version (not anymore).

Isn't there a temp way to fake this and get away with just updating?

Unfortunately once you root the phone, you loose the ability to perform OTA updates. Your only choice is to download the firmware and flash it with Odin. Since its actually just a baseband update, it would be more reasonable to see whether you find it somewhere and flash it, rather then downloading the whole firmware of about 600MB.

really? that's inconvenient. I thought any update would override whatever 'custom' stuff I had on the phone.

It's not as If I have a custom rom. It's the latest unbranded version (not anymore).

Isn't there a temp way to fake this and get away with just updating?

Its really easy. You choose to flash it with odin or clockwork mod recovery

anyone knows what the update is providing? I'm on MAC OS x and to flash with Odin, I need to get a hold of a PC which is rather annoying.

also anyone has a link to just the update? i dont want to go through replacing the Email stock apk with the AOSP apk again...

anyone knows what the update is providing? I'm on MAC OS x and to flash with Odin, I need to get a hold of a PC which is rather annoying.

also anyone has a link to just the update? i dont want to go through replacing the Email stock apk with the AOSP apk again...

If you're replacing apks, surely you're rooted and the update is irrelevant? Please provide details, including current build number

If you're replacing apks, surely you're rooted and the update is irrelevant? Please provide details, including current build number

Yes I am rooted. I'm on XX something LG8. both baseband and build number.

cant remember on top of my head. based in the UK, unbranded, rooted

why is the update irrelevant? I thought it fixed some bug issues with cell standby and battery draining.

Yes I am rooted. I'm on XX something LG8. both baseband and build number.

cant remember on top of my head. based in the UK, unbranded, rooted

why is the update irrelevant? I thought it fixed some bug issues with cell standby and battery draining.

It's irrelevant as rooted devices don't get OTA updates. or shouldn't anyway...

The update is just a baseband (LH1) that can be flashed via CWM recovery.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19780267/Modems/modem_CWM_I9300XXLH1.zip from [REF] Galaxy S3 Modem / Radio Collection (I9300 & I9300T ONLY) CWM & Odin Flashable - xda-developers

It fixes some drain issues but cell standby is something else.

Back
Top Bottom