• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Remove Google Now from CheckRom ICS install

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place.
I just installed Checkrom V4 on my phone, and using KitchenPro, I installed Google Now as well. Problem is, Google Now doesn't work on ICS it seems and it's taken over from S Voice, which even though crappy, still serves some purpose when driving.

I can't seem to figure out what packet Google Now is. Does anyone know how to remove it?

Thanks.

I'm running Checkrom V4 as well, and it's my guess that the dev's removed S-Voice in it's totallity from this rom. I think the dissapearence of S-Voice had nothing to do with you installing Google Now. (but I'm new to this and I might be wrong).
CheckROM removes (or suppresses??) the standard Samsung apps. You can resintall them all again from the KitchenPro, which I have done. S Voice is on my phone ad working, but Now has taken over the double tap combo, and I can't disable it. This means that the completely useless Now will pop up when I try to do things while driving.

In titanium I can see "Google Search v2". Perhaps that's it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones