• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International Tegra 3] Quick Tip Please

I've got an HTC ONE X (the Tegra 3 one) with Endeavoru and Android 4.2.2 and I've unlocked my bootloader through the HTC website, but now I don't know what is the best way to get it Rooted. If anyone can point me in the right direction or the right way/tips/points or even the right post for my type of phone I'd be really grateful . ^_^ thx

(P.S. I don't want to put a custom mod, maybe later on but for now I just want to have it rooted :D )

You'll need to flash a custom recovery for root, if you've unlocked the bootloader, it's relatively simple.

Download the latest TWRP from here: Techerrata Downloads - Browsing endeavoru

Place that in your fastboot folder, boot to fastboot, connect your phone to the PC, open a command prompt, navigate to the folder where the recovery image is and type

Code:
fastboot flash recovery XXX.img

XXX is the name of the file you downloaded.

You can then root using one of the toolkits: [TOOL] HTC One X (Tegra3) All-In-One Toolkit | HTC One X > XDA

Edit - In fact, looking at the tool, it will flash your recovery for you too. Just choose your own recovery and use the image file you downloaded from the TWRP website.

Does that all make sense?

Upvote 0
Unless it's just released, I'd always use the latest version.

Also, minimal chance of bricking if you use the toolkit, it will eliminate most of the human error side of things (typos etc).

Do you know if your handset was network branded before hand? If no, there's something called an RUU which can take you back to stock if something bad happens.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones