• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Okay, when I bought my Epic I bought an Intercept for my fiance at the same time so she could move to something new from her old Verizon Razor.

But a few weeks out now and she's been having a few troubles with her device. The primary problem is that it just won't connect to the internet or will bounce back and not load any webpages even with a good signal and data connection.

Any help would be appreciated, because since I bought the thing this is bugging me more than her. I bought the device and want to make sure it works.

Thanks in advance

Well rebooting temporarily fixes the issue and I cleared the cookies and cached history data and it resumed the data connection.

It doesn't connect on wifi either that's what's stumping me. She has said the flight mode reset helps in the short term also. I just want to know if this is going to be something we have to deal with or if I can resolve the issue and be able to give her a well operating device.

Upvote 0
The Intercept does suffer from the same lockup problem that other Samsung phones have. You can force it to lock by leaving yourself a voicemail or sending/receiving an MMS message.

Seems like any large amounts of data will drop your data connection forcing a reboot or shutting down the radios using Flight Mode.

That's not exactly the same as the Moments lockup issue, most commonly caused by quitting a wifi session. My less than thorough and/or scientific search finds only a couple of people posting about a Intercept data lockup problem. I'm guessing here, but it seems that one poster has hit almost every Intercept forum (not many)with the same issue.

While far from an expert on the subject, I'd recommend that anyone experiencing data drop problems with the Intercept should take the unit back to Sprint for replacement.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones