• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

internet home page

jcutaia

I am trying to get my tablet to go home to the Yahoo PC home page and not the tablet style home page. I can check the Desktop box on the drop down menu but it only lasts unit I move away from the page.

Which browser are you using? Do you want only to load Yahoo as the desktop version or do you want to do that for all pages you visit?

Which browser are you using? Do you want only to load Yahoo as the desktop version or do you want to do that for all pages you visit?
I will take what ever I can get. full version yahoo home would be great, if I can get a full version of all web pages I would like that even better.

I was just about to explain how the way to do this is to change the User Agent settings until I realised that this is not possible as far as I can tell on stock unrooted KitKat.

I am running Cyanogenmod 11 (which is an example of a ROM I was talking about in the other thread). The stock Android browser in CM11 has a User Agent setting so it will always load the desktop (i.e. full) version of any web page.

There is also a slightly more involved way to do it in any rooted Android using Chrome.

Although I haven't tried it, I bet Firefox for Android has a User Account setting somewhere. You might try that if you aren't loyal to your current browser.

[Edit]
I've just had a look. Firefox doesn't have a User Agent setting but there is an addon that allows you to change it.

This is all clearly a bit of a palaver and another good reason why rooting your tablet can be beneficial.

Back
Top Bottom