• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Internet Radio App

Vlad Soare

Jun 13, 2015
Bucharest, Romania
Hello,

Can someone please recommend an app which would allow me to listen to a radio station which offers internet streaming? I don't want any ads, and I'm also not willing to pay a monthly or yearly subscription. Considering that the radio station offers the content freely on the internet (and I can access it for free in my browser), I just don't see why I should pay for a subscription to a third party.
I'm willing to pay once, and only once, for the app itself. A subscription is out of the question.

Is there such an app? All my searches so far were in vain.

Thank you.

I tried TuneIn, but when I opened it it asked me to register for a free 30 days trial, following which it would charge 100 euros per year.
You can imagine how quickly I removed it. :D
Some people make new accounts every month to get a free thing.... BTW I've used Jango Radio. It's free, but has ad banners. The good thing is that the ads are not like how you get on YouTube, you don't need to skip them they are not even audible, just one small ad banner....

Upvote 0
I thought I might remember something incorrectly, so I tried again. Here's how the opening screen looks:

Screenshot_2017-11-08-16-56-03.jpg

And when I touch the "Start your free trial" button, this screen appears:

Screenshot_2017-11-08-16-56-28.jpg

475 RON equals approximately 103 euros.

Upvote 0
I thought I might remember something incorrectly, so I tried again. Here's how the opening screen looks:

View attachment 125514

And when I touch the "Start your free trial" button, this screen appears:

View attachment 125515

475 RON equals approximately 103 euros.
Yeah, they want you to sign into the Premium. Just tick the X in the top right corner and you will be fine.

Reactions: Daniel Fernandes
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones