• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Internet/Sim issues?

Flablitz

Android Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
jax
I have flashed CM 12.1 a few different times and ways. I have flashed the Resurrection Remix once. I keep coming up with a signal bar with a "!" In it on CM 12.1 I also ended up with a no sim and blank signal bar on remix. I do set the APN to fast metro. Ive tried everything i can think of. Im going to download a KitKat rom and a 5.0 rom and see if problem still persists. Is there something i am missing in the threads? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

No, do from ADB while booted in phone.
Still no internet. Just the signal bar with exclamation point. I have calls and text just no interwebz. Other than that the Roms rin so sweet. Im giving up for now. Wait on some more advice plus your upcoming video. The only error i have noticed is on terminal. Not plugged in i get device not recognized and plugged in usb i get unauthorized device, but when I select SU, then run command it shows the counter and acts complete. Is there something i can do like logcat to show system and possibly the problem? Does the KitKat roms or 5.0 roms require special aboots? I would settle for 4.4.4 for now.

Upvote 0
Still no internet. Just the signal bar with exclamation point. I have calls and text just no interwebz. Other than that the Roms rin so sweet. Im giving up for now. Wait on some more advice plus your upcoming video. The only error i have noticed is on terminal. Not plugged in i get device not recognized and plugged in usb i get unauthorized device, but when I select SU, then run command it shows the counter and acts complete. Is there something i can do like logcat to show system and possibly the problem? Does the KitKat roms or 5.0 roms require special aboots? I would settle for 4.4.4 for now.
Go to Settings>Mobile Networks>APN and Tap on MetroPCS LTE (the name, not the icon). Then scroll down and change the APN roaming protocol to IPV4, and make sure the APN Protocol is IPV6. Also make sure the bearer is Unspecified, as this phone doesnt support LTE. Press the three dots icon, then hit save. Then set this as your active APN. It should work then.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones