• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

iPhone 3GS to Nexus 4

Decided to switch to Android and have just ordered a Nexus 4.

I'm coming from an iPhone 3GS. I loved my 3GS, but didn't like the design of 4,4S,5 and thought iOS6 was just boring and same as iOS1-5. So is there anything I should be doing, downloading or using on my new Android device?!
Was going to order an 8Gb version, but read that you only get 5Gb free, so decided to pay the extra for the 16Gb version.

Probably 50% of my iFriends (including my gf) have been switching lately to Android, and all of them are pretty happy with their decision.

You made a good choice! I came from a 3GS as well and have never looked back. Android is still surprising me with all of the ridiculously cool things you can do and the Nexus 4 is really solid in every way.

Thing is to enjoy whatever phone you get. Came from iPhone where I had always enjoyed them from start. Loved iPhone! But love my Nexus 4!! Good luck with your choice.

Be prepared for a bit of a learning curve, though: my missus is a dyed-in-the-wool apple-ite and she struggles (read: hates) using my N4. And my previous Desire.

Back