• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is Fitbit Premium worth it?

Rob

Galaxy S20 Ultra
News Moderator
Administrator
The Pixel 8 and Pixel 8 Pro came with a few great promos:
  • 6 months of Google One
  • 3 months of YouTube Premium
  • 6 months of Fitbit Premium
I got the Pixel Watch 2 so the Fitbit Premium concept intrigued me.

The subscription model is largely about "offer it free and hope they forget to cancel". If I don't cancel Fitbit Premium, it's about $100/year for something that's actually geared towards my health and wellness. So I'm giving it a shot.

Does anyone have Fitbit Premium that particularly loves it? Hates it? Suggests something else?

Now what I really need to do is sift through any other subscriptions to cancel! Netflix, Disney+, etc... I have too many for sure.

This is a good question. I run (jog?) and I'm not entirely sure my Apple Watch 7 is accurate about mileage, and steps. What do you find is the most accurate workout watch (I'm not getting the ultra, so that's out of the question for me) Ty.

This is a good question. I run (jog?) and I'm not entirely sure my Apple Watch 7 is accurate about mileage, and steps. What do you find is the most accurate workout watch (I'm not getting the ultra, so that's out of the question for me) Ty.

I use to use Google fit and I doubled checked mileage with my car and it was accurate.

googlefit.png

Last edited:
I sure hope so... I have Samsung Health and it doesn't track my sleep very well using my Galaxy Watch 5 Pro. It's also been known to track my walking - as I'm driving down the road at 45 MPH!

The Darling Bride has a Fitbit Charge 6 and doesn't like it at all: as soon as she picks it up off the nightstand in the morning, it's mysteriously logged 385 steps... and she hasn't touched the thing! The she walks 2 miles and it short-changes her steps. She's not impressed at all: which is a concern, because I plan on getting the Pixel Watch 3 when it launches this fall with Fitbit built into it.

I sure hope so... I have Samsung Health and it doesn't track my sleep very well using my Galaxy Watch 5 Pro. It's also been known to track my walking - as I'm driving down the road at 45 MPH!

The Darling Bride has a Fitbit Charge 6 and doesn't like it at all: as soon as she picks it up off the nightstand in the morning, it's mysteriously logged 385 steps... and she hasn't touched the thing! The she walks 2 miles and it short-changes her steps. She's not impressed at all: which is a concern, because I plan on getting the Pixel Watch 3 when it launches this fall with Fitbit built into it.

Do you actually sleep with the Galaxy Watch? I have the 6 CLassic and there is no way, though I may invest in the Galaxy Ring when it releases.

I also have no faith in a paid Fitbit membership doing anything worth that much money.

I also have no faith in a paid Fitbit membership doing anything worth that much money.
I took a look at Fitbit and... you're right. As much as Samsung Health misses, it's likely better that Fitbit. Thanks for saving me money!

Yes, I do sleep with my Galaxy Watch 5 Pro. I take it off when I wake up and slip it on the charger to top off while I'm having a chiefly cup of coffee. I was looking at the Galaxy Ring: but I don't wear any rings except my wedding ring and I'm not sure I want to wear another one. If I do get a G-Ring, it will be metallic gold to match the wedding ring and I'll wear it on the right hand...

Back
Top Bottom