• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is Google a CIA Front?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol @ 1st year philosophy students..

We have a CIA agent saying they were partnered and funded startup, we have the department of defense announcing further partnerships using defense budget funding, and we have proof via payroll sheets that they obtained CIA money through Keyhole and In-Q-Tel.. etc.

Throw out a few more red herrings for the lulz.

Does the CIA work with Google... uhhh.. yeah. The CIA works with lots of technology companies, the CIA didn't develop and manufacturer all those cool gadgets and technologies on their own.

But working with, and licensing technology from is a far cry from being a front. I think this is a case of you not really understanding business relationships and how the world works.

Lets see, Google obtained money from the CIA via In-Q-Tel... why would that be?

In-Q-Tel of Arlington, Virginia, United States is a not-for-profit venture capital firm that invests in high-tech companies for the sole purpose of keeping the Central Intelligence Agency equipped with the latest in information technology in support of United States intelligence capability.[4]

Huh... its seems In-Q-Tel is the investment arm of the CIA, the financial vehicle they use to invest in companies making technology they might find useful... hmm... And their investments are on the books, we know they invested in google because... the CIA is really bad at keeping secrets? OR... is it not a secret, that the CIA invests in technology companies?

Again, investing in, and buying technology from is far different than being a front.

Upvote 0
I thought it was pretty common knowledge that the CIA funded Google's startup. One of their own guys even came out and put it on record.. some ex-CIA agent.. Steele was his last name I think. Regardless, it is pretty obvious they're working together through the Recorded Future program to do real-time monitoring of everyone on the web. If you really need any insight, just look into Google Ventures and In-Q-Tel.

But I just have to laugh at all the sheeple who write everything off as a nubjob conspiracy theory because they don't know the facts and feel threatened that they didn't hear of something first. lulz.. sad. Expand your knowledge, and listening to CNN/FOX/MSNBC/CBS isn't going to do that for you. Pentagon-crafted news stories are pretty pathetic in general.

I just have to laugh at all the sheeple who actually believe anything that comes from Infowars.com...

tinfoil_hat_antenna.jpg

Turn off the AM radio (Or Shortwave/HF, whichever your flavor), and look at things critically. A conspiracy, which involves MANY people, only leaking through an ex-CIA member (Un-named), with none of the others leaking even a TINY bit more information. Not even enough to confirm a SINGLE detail.

If only our CIA was that efficient...

tinfoil-hat.jpg

Upvote 0
Does the CIA work with Google... uhhh.. yeah. The CIA works with lots of technology companies, the CIA didn't develop and manufacturer all those cool gadgets and technologies on their own.

But working with, and licensing technology from is a far cry from being a front. I think this is a case of you not really understanding business relationships and how the world works.

Lets see, Google obtained money from the CIA via In-Q-Tel... why would that be?

Huh... its seems In-Q-Tel is the investment arm of the CIA, the financial vehicle they use to invest in companies making technology they might find useful... hmm... And their investments are on the books, we know they invested in google because... the CIA is really bad at keeping secrets? OR... is it not a secret, that the CIA invests in technology companies?

Again, investing in, and buying technology from is far different than being a front.
By that logic I am right. It is good to see someone coming to the same conclusion with the facts at hand. The DoD does not invest in things if it does not benefit them in a strategic way.

I just have to laugh at all the sheeple who actually believe anything that comes from Infowars.com...

tinfoil_hat_antenna.jpg

Turn off the AM radio (Or Shortwave/HF, whichever your flavor), and look at things critically. A conspiracy, which involves MANY people, only leaking through an ex-CIA member (Un-named), with none of the others leaking even a TINY bit more information. Not even enough to confirm a SINGLE detail.

If only our CIA was that efficient...

tinfoil-hat.jpg
Ah, classic. What's funny is almost all of Infowars news articles come straight from mainstream media, government press releases, or declassified government documents. Since you failed to see this, you must be even more blind than I. ;)

Upvote 0
By that logic I am right. It is good to see someone coming to the same conclusion with the facts at hand. The DoD does not invest in things if it does not benefit them in a strategic way.

Yeah, trouble is, it isn't some deep government secret, you haven't stumbled onto some covered up truth, or vast conspiracy of the CIA to control the world through Google.

I don't know of many secret CIA conspiracy organizations that have their own website, that openly state their goals.

OUR AIM
Launched in 1999 as an independent, not-for-profit organization, IQT was created to bridge the gap between the technology needs of the Intelligence Community (IC) and new advances in commercial technology. With limited insight into fast-moving private sector innovation, the IC needed a way to find emerging companies, and, more importantly, to work with them. As a private company with deep ties to the commercial world, we attract and build relationships with technology startups outside the reach of the Intelligence Community. In fact, more than 70 percent of the companies that IQT partners with have never before done business with the government.
Our Aim - In-Q-Tel

They have a "work for us" page as well if your looking for a job.

Work for us - In-Q-Tel

No undercover recruitment in shadowy bars, just submit your resume just like you would to McDonald's.

Regardless, it is pretty obvious they're working together through the Recorded Future program to do real-time monitoring of everyone on the web. If you really need any insight, just look into Google Ventures and In-Q-Tel.

Yes, its very obvious, the publish that fact on their website as well:
RECORDED FUTURE
Recorded Future extracts time and event information from the web. The company offers users new ways to analyze the past, present, and the predicted future.
In-Q-Tel initially invested in Recorded Future in January 2010. For more information about Recorded Future, please visit www.recordedfuture.com.
Recorded Future - In-Q-Tel

As for google... google bought Keyhole, which was a startup funded in part by In-Q-Tel.

In-Q-Tel sold 5,636 shares of Google Inc., worth over $2.2 million, on Nov 15, 2005.[6] The stocks were a result of Google’s acquisition of Keyhole, the CIA funded satellite mapping software now known as Google Earth.

I don't get whats so conspiracy about all this, this is freely available knowledge.

Now, if you take this, then extrapolate, well, the CIA ended up owning shares of Google that it sold in 2005, that must mean Google is run by CIA spooks planting back doors and microchiped monitoring in your brain... then your getting silly, drawing outlandish conclusions from basic facts... which is what drives pretty much all goofy conspiracy theories. They draw the stupidest, most outlandish, ill-logical conclusions from simple humdrum information.

Upvote 0
That's the point.. there is no conspiracy theory shadowy thing going on. It's all out in the open, plain as day. People on the internet when they hear something they don't like throw out the conspiracy buzz words and post tin foil pictures in order to throw out red herrings to crush an opponent. As for the CIA, they don't hire in a secret underground process. You can apply on their site, and they always go to college campuses to recruit out in broad daylight.

Upvote 0
That's the point.. there is no conspiracy theory shadowy thing going on. It's all out in the open, plain as day. People on the internet when they hear something they don't like throw out the conspiracy buzz words and post tin foil pictures in order to throw out red herrings to crush an opponent. As for the CIA, they don't hire in a secret underground process. You can apply on their site, and they always go to college campuses to recruit out in broad daylight.

Right, but to take that and draw the conclusion Google is a CIA front, is pretty ridiculous.

In-Q-Tel invests in ArcSight, a Hewlett Packard owned company, does this mean HP is a CIA front and my printer is spying on me?

Upvote 0
If they are consistently working together and share data, especially to spy on people and predict their actions, I'd consider that a front.

Ok, now show me the evidence that Google and the CIA are "consistently working together." Do you have any evidence pointing to Google sharing data on peoples search activities with the CIA? I know there have been times when branches of the Government have requested data, and it was processed through the courts, but that certainly different than a CIA front.

Now, Recorded Future, is a separate company, they use predictive analytics to predict future events. They are not the only ones on the block getting into the predictive analytics game, thats a big thing now.

Recorded Future attempts to predict future events by scanning sources on the Internet, and extracting, measuring, and visualizing the information to show networks and patterns in the past, present, and future. The software analyzes sources and forms "invisible links" between documents to find links that tie them together and may possibly indicate the entities and events involved. The company was founded in 2008[1] and has 16 employees as of July 2010.[2] Recorded Future's services are popular particularly among financial analysts and intelligence analysts.[3] Both Google (on May 3, 2010)[4] and the CIA have invested in the company, through their investment arms, Google Ventures and In-Q-Tel, respectively.[2]

Scanning the internet, and running that data through proprietary algorithms is a far cry from a CIA spook sitting in a Google office downloading everyone's search history.

Do you not see the difference?

Upvote 0
Yup, just vague and meaningless. I gave you the information you need to start doing your own research, because you'll never actually take my word for anything, nor will anyone else on this website. This is the way things must be done if you want to actually learn things for yourself. Otherwise, people just throw out disinformation and lolcat pictures because they're mentally pre-programmed to so. Real life is not a scripted television show that you can just point to something precisely and everyone accepts the way it is. You must actually do research into what is real and what is scripted.

I'm not going to go any further because it's pointless. When you awaken you'll know what I mean.

Upvote 0
Dig deeper, for 2/3 of unaccounted for Google traffic.

Yes, that is pretty vague, all I can find is talk of Google Analytics not counting peoples page views correctly.

You might notice most of it is going to the middle east.

Most of what? Google does lots of things, what do you mean by "Google traffic?" Searches, people viewing Google Books? Youtube? What?

And as far as warrants go, they don't even request those anymore. They just pull the records straight from Google. Hello Patriot Act.

Getting warrants, or other legal methods (like the PA) to tap into internet backbones and sniff the data is really different from Google being run by the CIA.

Real life is not a scripted television show that you can just point to something precisely and everyone accepts the way it is

I agree, and I think the relationship between CIA, intelligence agencies and large technology companies is much more complex and nuanced than, "Google is a CIA front." Thats trying to wrap up a complex world in a nice neat bow that can be solved in a 1/2 hour TV show... The world isn't that simple, you watch too much TV if you think it is.

Upvote 0
Yeah, you're missing the point. You are like one of those people that claim OMG PHOTOSHOP on every picture someone posts. You can never prove anything in reality. Someone will always claim the opposite grounds. The amount of proof one one side or the other makes the difference. Since we have numerous sources including our own government saying they work together, it is obvious in this case.

Let me finish that for you...

it is obvious in this case that they work together.

It is, however, not obvious that Google is a CIA front.

And honestly... Google? When has the CIA ever done ANYTHING this successful?

Upvote 0
Ah, classic. What's funny is almost all of Infowars news articles come straight from mainstream media, government press releases, or declassified government documents. Since you failed to see this, you must be even more blind than I. ;)

No, they don't. Infowars comes from Alex Jones' imagination. Unless, of course, you are able to cite where this story comes from?

Upvote 0
Dig deeper, for 2/3 of unaccounted for Google traffic. ;) You might notice most of it is going to the middle east. And as far as warrants go, they don't even request those anymore. They just pull the records straight from Google. Hello Patriot Act.

Obviously, you know NOTHING about the Patriot Act. To you, it is just a few 'toss out there' words so many conspiracy folks use to elicit a response from others that do not know much about the Patriot Act.

Bob Maxey

Upvote 0
Please, cite your evidence right here, that Google and the CIA are directly working together.

After you do that, cite your evidence RIGHT HERE that Google is a CIA front.

Golly, just how dense ARE YOU, PSkeptic? Cant you read? He provided a link to InfoWars and Alex Jones. That settles the argument right there. Now if you will excuse me, there is a CIA van in the driveway. Apparently, they monitored my post and they are here to

Upvote 0
Let me finish that for you...

it is obvious in this case that they work together.

It is, however, not obvious that Google is a CIA front.

And honestly... Google? When has the CIA ever done ANYTHING this successful?

Kennedy Assassination. There is absolutely no evidence out there proving their connection to it. That's how effective the operation was.

Upvote 0
Kennedy Assassination. There is absolutely no evidence out there proving their connection to it. That's how effective the operation was.

FYI: President John Fitzgerld Kennedy was assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald a crazy murdering bastard, with a rifle, shooting from the Texas Schoolbook Depository building overlooking Dealey Plaza, November 22, 1963.

He was caught, arrested, and then killed by Jack Ruby, another one history's first class fools.

There you go, case closed. Take that, Oliver.

Bob Maxey

Upvote 0
FYI: President John Fitzgerld Kennedy was assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald a crazy murdering bastard, with a rifle, shooting from the Texas Schoolbook Depository building overlooking Dealey Plaza, November 22, 1963.

He was caught, arrested, and then killed by Jack Ruby, another one history's first class fools.

There you go, case closed. Take that, Oliver.

Bob Maxey

The absence of proof to the contrary proves the effectiveness of the cover up. Just saying.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones