• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is google site still selling Nexus One?

Hi Sabbasolo,

Yes you can :) Just go to the Google's Nexus One website: Nexus One Phone - Web meets phone.

I don't understand what a proxy is. You can simply order it from any country, and it should be fine. You don't need to use a USA credit card or a US shipping address if that's what you mean.

All of the Nexus One phones are unlock and contractless as you're buying it from Google and not a carrier.

Google has announced that it will be closing the Google Store 'soon' so if you're intending to buy, don't dally, else it'll be too late ;)

Hope that answers your questions,

Cheers,
-Roze-

Upvote 0
They don't sell directly to most countries, including Israel where I live. Of course I checked their faqs, but they block using IP geolocation. I suspect that the reason is taxes and things, and possibly also agreements with HTC. Even though Google has a nice software development center a few miles from my home. Since I don't normally use proxies, I was asking the forum if the effort to set something up was worthwhile, or if I would get blocked later by some other check. Thanks for the replies, my reluctance with ebay is due to wanting the ATT model specifically, and two devices. thanks

Upvote 0
I got mine about 2 weeks ago. You can't order it in Romania; not from Google, that is. I was able to find it after some searching. There are always small online stores that sell all sorts of cell phones (iPhones, N1s... you name it). A good place to start is your local ShopMania website (www.shopmania.<country>, using .ch for Switzerland, .fr for France, .de for Germany, etc.) Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones