• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is ics different on the galaxy note?

Peaches037

I read that you can press a button and it will show you your recent apps, but I don't see it.. Is that feature compatible with this phone?

Thanks so much! I had to watch a YouTube video to figure it out... Is there way we can change the icons? Like the phone icon? I see some phones with different ones..

Thanks so much! I'll I had to watch a YouTube video to figure it out... Is there way we can change the icons? Like the phone icon? I see some phones with different ones..

You can never compare your phone with someone elses, as other people may be using 3rd party launchers. I use Go Launcher EX, for example. This is real powerful, and it does allow you to change the icon image for any icon... just press/hold on an icon for some options. Not sure if it's possible with stock ICS launcher. Try pressing/holding to see if you get any options.

You can never compare your phone with someone elses, as other people may be using 3rd party launchers. I use Go Launcher EX, for example. This is real powerful, and it does allow you to change the icon image for any icon... just press/hold on an icon for some options. Not sure if it's possible with stock ICS launcher. Try pressing/holding to see if you get any options.

Not quite so simple with TouchWiz. There's a recent post describing how to do this here: http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-note-lte/580968-how-change-apps-bottom.html

didnt want to make a new thread because my question fits into the thread title.

ICS seems different on the Note IMHO. My phone says its on ICS and looks to be on ICS, but i cant resize the home screen icons like other ICS phones on youtube

EDIT: also I dont see any of the ICS wallpapers. My home screen buttons also dont look anything like ICS on my buddies RAZR

didnt want to make a new thread because my question fits into the thread title.

ICS seems different on the Note IMHO. My phone says its on ICS and looks to be on ICS, but i cant resize the home screen icons like other ICS phones on youtube

EDIT: also I dont see any of the ICS wallpapers. My home screen buttons also dont look anything like ICS on my buddies RAZR
Maybe your friend is using another launcher in preference over Touchwiz.
That would account for the buttons being different.

Maybe your friend is using another launcher in preference over Touchwiz.
That would account for the buttons being different.

He is using the stock launcher, as am I. His phone looks like all of the ICS phones at stores (the way the button layout is on the home screen) but on my Note the button layout doesnt remotely resemble that of ICS but looks identical to Gingerbread

I thought I was the only one... I can't resize my widget and my icons are the same. Yes I see changes, but nothing worth the hype...

He is using the stock launcher, as am I. His phone looks like all of the ICS phones at stores (the way the button layout is on the home screen) but on my Note the button layout doesnt remotely resemble that of ICS but looks identical to Gingerbread

Touchwiz is strictly Samsung. No other phone except Samsung will have it. Blame Samsung for modifying ICS for the Note and removing certain things from it. This is a Samsung modified ICS incorporating their Touchwiz interface.

Touchwiz is strictly Samsung. No other phone except Samsung will have it. Blame Samsung for modifying ICS for the Note and removing certain things from it. This is a Samsung modified ICS incorporating their Touchwiz interface.

Ok so my question is can touchwiz be taken off the note? To people that just hate it? I myself coming from iphone to android touchwiz was welcomed. But now I am over it. And Yes I used go launcher. But I also hate ICS. I want my gingerbread back. On GB I got over 24 hours with no problem. now I am lucky to get 8. And yes I did a full wipe/install.

Did you make a backup of GingerBread before upgrading to ICS? If so you can always restore that backup and you'll be back in GB.

Wait, are you rooted? It sounds to me like you would benefit greatly by one of the custom ICS builds. That way you can find one that allows widget resizing and such.

Let us know.

Back
Top Bottom