• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Is is possible to get the Hero Mail app into Verizon-based ROMs?

Stagnation

So the Verizon-based ROMs don't support my Exchange Server's policies while the Hero-based ROMs do. This would be all fine and dandy if not for the realization that I haven't found a Hero-based ROM that I like. It would be great if there was a way to take the Hero mail app and add it to one of my favorite ROMs like xtrROM or Aloysius.

Any ideas/comments/suggestions?

So the Verizon-based ROMs don't support my Exchange Server's policies while the Hero-based ROMs do. This would be all fine and dandy if not for the realization that I haven't found a Hero-based ROM that I like. It would be great if there was a way to take the Hero mail app and add it to one of my favorite ROMs like xtrROM or Aloysius.

Any ideas/comments/suggestions?

Which email app exactly are we talking about?
I think you should be able to by moving the apk and any libs it uses. to your rom.

It may not have anything to do with the Email program and may lie in the Corporate or Exchange Activesync account setup. The ROMs that work will have a setting called "Automatically accept SSL certificates" or similar.

It seems that if the account setup is missing that box the configuration will fail.

Back
Top Bottom