• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is it just me?

Or has anyone else basically had issues updating firmware on every Samsung (at&t) phone they've ever had. I had major problems updating with my Infuse, my S3 and now my S4!
Dare I say that I don't remember wanting to throw my iphone 4 across the room when updating. It just really gets old. I assumed that I have one of the very best phones on one of the very best networks???
Update gets interrupted and changing the date in my phone doesn't work. Kies is no help...says something about my firmware not supported. It's almost like the update has been pulled again.

I just got mk2 without issue tonight. I tried it yesterday, thought it was downloading, but it quit for some reason. Today went without a hitch.

"Your devices current firmware version is not supported by Kies"

Providing you are running the latest version of Kies for your phone models and firmware, see #1.4 of 18 Galaxy S4 models - know yours? for possible reasons that you may be receiving this message.

The only other thing that occurs to me, is that I notice that you are with AT&T who, currently, are rolling out a MK2 firmware patch for those who had previously updated to Android 4.3 as well as, at the same time, rolling out a complete Android 4.3, MK2, firmware update for those who are still on Android 4.2.2. I'm wondering if this may be causing problems... at least on your S4.

You're not the only one. I completely agree...updates are way screwed up. I don't care if it's Google/Samsung/Carrier, it needs to be fixed.

Now it just keeps saying that I'm up to date...which I'm not.
I bought the phone at an At&t dealer and haven't done anything with the operating system.

Now it just keeps saying that I'm up to date...which I'm not.
I bought the phone at an At&t dealer and haven't done anything with the operating system.

So many issues trying to update...I'd get the message that I was currently up to date. I'd get the software update interrupted. I'd even have it download the new update, get to 100%, then immediately say software update interrupted. I kept changing the date forward and checking for a new update, and finally installed this morning. (I think I ended up on December 23...)

Just got off chat with at&t and he said that the update has been pulled down due to issues with it. He said I am in fact up to date with 4.2.2 at this moment

Just got off chat with at&t and he said that the update has been pulled down due to issues with it. He said I am in fact up to date with 4.2.2 at this moment

That AT&T guy is totally incorrect!

Original AT&T update for 4.3 was withdrawn 18th Nov: and a new 4.3 patch and full update were released for 4.3 on the 27th Nov: Latest update is build MK2.

See post #1, here...

AT&T/Verizon/Sprint/T-Mobile/US Cellular pull Android 4.3 update

and post #30, here...

Latest Android 4.3 firmware releases, fix bugs

I'm trying it again as we speak. I was on chat with him for like 20 mins and he was calling the software guys etc. I'm thinking that all the problems people had downloading the after patch software led to them pulling it down again. Even the support guy wasn't able to push an update to my phone.

Back
Top Bottom