• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root is it possible to increase ram?

joselaz

Just wondering if it is possible to increase the ram on this phone. Maybe use an external SD card or something similar to that?

I think I saw a script that increased the ram of the phone but I have to be on my laptop to check. Give me a few minutes and I will double check.

Edit: It is a build.prop tweak on XDA that I saw.

There are scripts you can use on a rooted phone to use part of a card as an extension of internal storage. But RAM is different. You couldn't use a card as RAM; at best you'd be paging (virtual memory), but it is much, much slower than RAM so TBH it's really not something I'd want to do.

I agree with Hadron.

Android operates by having most of its ram full and empties it when it needs it or unused. Android is designed to keep the apps you use loaded in ram so that they open instantly the next time you open them.

If you always empty your ram, then android has to load the apps you open completely every time, thus taking longer to open them and using up more CPU resources.

Back
Top Bottom