• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Is it possible to safely root a Galaxy s3?

D0MIN0

Lurker
I am going to be getting a new phone, likely next year, but I would love to root this one. It is a bit older, I know, but still looks and works like it is jut out of the box so I have seen no reason to update it. Anyway, my question may have been answered, but I am curious... Is it possible to safely root a samsung galaxy s3? I have never tried on one of these and read bad things about people attempting it.

Welcome to our AndroidForums, @D0MIN0 :).

I've moved your thread over here to the SG S3 root area for you (the folks in here can best help and inform you about the rooting process).

I think the "safely root" part of your question also depends on how careful you are :).

Most of the bad things come from folks missing steps, ignoring advice, or rushing through the process without an adequate understanding of the consequences.

Your asking about it's safety is a good indicator that you're one of those cautious folks, which I applaud :).

Cheers and safe and happy rooting!

:)

P.S. http://androidforums.com/threads/rooting-best-practices.450904/

A buddy of mine rooted his galaxy s2 a few years back so it is possible but as mentioned, you have to do everything advice. Missing one small detail can make your phone useless. If you do not have any experience on rooting, watch several (and I do mean SEVERAL) videos on it before attempting it. Going in blind may cost you.

Back
Top Bottom