• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is it possible to set up Hotmail/Live mail?

GAMESHARQ

Android Enthusiast
I have a hotmail account, it's @live.com, but when I try to set it up as an email account on my Intercept, it just keeps trying but nothing happens.

Is there a way to do it? If so, does anyone know what the incoming and outgoing servers and ports should be?

Well, I was able to set up the incoming server, but when I try to set up the outgoing, it says unable to connect to server. I tried port 25 and port 587. I also tried it with SSL checked off and with TSL checked off, but still no luck.

If anyone has any ideas how to fix this, please share.

I use K-nine mail from Google Market. It's free, of course. You can import your Hotmail account right to K-nine. That's what I did. I think K-nine actually works better and faster than the stock email program. And it's totally customizable.

Is K9 safe and secure to use? I'm sure it is, but I just don't want anyone else to be able to read my emails.

Is K9 safe and secure to use? I'm sure it is, but I just don't want anyone else to be able to read my emails.

Go to the Google Market on your Intercept. Find K9 through the search function on the market, and see all the user comments. I like that each of my e-mail accounts is highlighted with a different color that I chose. It can poll for new e-mails as often as you want, and even has a setting, so that at night, even as it retrieves new mail, it can be silenced any hours that you pre-select. That's called 'quiet time'. It's the best e-mail program that I've found.

Back
Top Bottom