• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Is it Possible To

Ninthwonder

take parts of one theme and parts of another using Metamorph. Basically creating your own theme using more then one... ?

Good question. I tried copying files from inside one framewwork-res.apk, putting them in another framework-res.apk, putting it in my system/framework folder, and the phone froze in a boot process, so any help is appreciated. I like the smoked version BB uses over the one Sholes uses, the status bar is more black, and less gray when doing things like browsing the web.

If you do this with metamorph then yes it is totally possible, I have done it many times. One thing is that you need to use themes that are made for the droid, or better yet made for the higher resolution. Using a theme for the G1/MT3G/Hero will result in very small images.

but once i make my new framework-res.apk file, do i just use metamorph to browse to it, install it, and reboot?
I'm going to make a backup now then try this.

Well did you take the framework-res from a metamorph theme zip? That is the way you need to do it. It is really easy to do, you can just download any metamorph theme for the Droid, delete everything EXCEPT the .thm file and the folders you want to modify, add in your changes to the folders then open the .thm file with notepad and remove all the destinations your not trying to theme.

Yeah, just figured it out, tooked a metamorph theme file, edited the thm file to my liking, added the files I wanted into the correct dir, then zipped it all up.Installed fine, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom