• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help is it safe to let the Moto G fully discharge for calibration?

crowruin

just checked Gsam and I lost 7% of my battery while the screen was off in 30 mins getting really frustrated.

just thinking about getting a whole new battery its $16 on ebay and comes with the kit to remove it.

http://www.xda-developers.com/googl...-battery-stats-does-not-improve-battery-life/

If you have a runaway process eating your power a new battery isn't going to help much.

Is GSam showing Media running all of the time?
my battery has been acting up ever since I updated to 4.4.4 the only thing gsam shows as battery eating is the screen I have brightness set all the way down at this point idk what to do. I have tried a factory reset I even re installed the stock 4.4.4 ROM and still the problem persists thats why im really going for a whole new battery.

and no the Media process isn't the problem I have greenify, power nap, and cpu adjuster for when the screen is off i have it set to powersave mode at 384 mhz and from 100% charge it goes down 5% in 30 mins after its at 95% it drains slowly its really weird.

... and from 100% charge it goes down 5% in 30 mins after its at 95% it drains slowly its really weird.
Btw - you do realize that when you take your phone off of the charger, it's unlikely to always be at 100% even though it says it is, and that it takes a little while before it settles down and tells the truth, yeah?

Due to the display update being at a far lower priority than the charging safety, charging shuts off at 100%, and doesn't turn back on until the charge has dissipated to about, 96%. It usually shows 100% the whole time. At 96%, it starts charging again.

It'll do that for as long as the phone is on the charger.

Oh oh oh - you have the well-known update bug.

Here's what it's all about -

http://androidforums.com/threads/lollipop-coming.921889/#post-6991048

I found that this article agreed that the Moto G ought to clear cache the same as the Turbo -

http://www.androidpit.com/how-to-clear-the-cache-on-the-moto-g-2014

So check that out as well.

Sometimes the procedure changes by generation or model, let me know if the information is off somehow.
so I just clear the cache partition in recovery?

After every OTA and at the first sign of trouble, yes.

It's not a 100% cure all but it very nearly is.
Im a little confused about when I should start charging my phone right now its at 52% I also heard that leaving it plugged in at 100% for a few hours helps with calibration.

Please see the second post, my first reply.

Just about everything said about battery calibration is nothing more than untrue old wives tales.

Plug in it when you feel like it and take it off the charger when you need it.

Please see the second post, my first reply.

Just about everything said about battery calibration is nothing more than untrue old wives tales.

Plug in it when you feel like it and take it off the charger when you need it.
well this is interesting I unchecked Wifi Optimization in advanced Wifi Settings and now my battery doesnt drain fast anymore LOL also did a Cache partition wipe in the morning.

And if you're on Sprint or a subsidiary, turn off Connection Optimizer.
I also installed the xperience kernel with trickster mod cause I have a really weird issue where if I install a custom rom like slimkat I cant change the cpu frequencies they both stay at 1190 and basically drain it down to the ground. idk whats up with that :(

Back
Top Bottom