• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is my Android infected?

JasonLong

Apr 5, 2015
Hello.
I installed "CloudVPN" and when I run it, I can't select "I trust this application". What is my problem? Am I infected?
Another problem is that after some minutes, an icon appeared top of my phone that is like a Smile.

Any idea?

Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_20160118_133109.jpg
    IMG_20160118_133109.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
What is it that asks whether you trust the application? OSX asks that, but I've never met Android ask it, so assume this is some app you have installed.

And where did you download the VPN app from?

That icon is weird - hope someone has an idea what it is. Appearing on the right hand side is unusual, as app notifications are on the left. Is the device rooted/ROM customised in any way?

Upvote 0
Is that the request you are getting? I just downloaded Cloud VPN and it looks like a safe app to be fair, no special permissions at all. Is that the one you have? It let me select OK at the attached menu and ran fine.
The smiley face at the top of your screen is a worry though. Are you running unrooted stock rom? Perhaps have a look in "running apps" and see if anything in there looks amiss

Attachments

• 1453197477090.jpg
    1453197477090.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 76
Upvote 0
What other apps do you have installed? Do you have something that changes the screen display like a screen filter or something? I think some of those stop you from selecting things on the screen. if you have any apps like that try force stopping / uninstalling and see if that works.
Yup this is correct. If you have something like Flux or twilight.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones