• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is my screen broken or is it a software bug?

bbob1

I just got a new SAMSUNG GALAXY Y DUOS S6102 two days ago. The screen looks fine except when I open the standard email (non gmail app) or the task manager. Then the top right hand corner of the screen looks defective... it's strange because other apps that want to display similar information and colors in that part of the screen look fine but the artifact that is displayed doesn't look like a software bug it really looks like hardware. IN both cases this section of the screen right below the time shows a white semi circle that fads out gradually to the color it's supposed to be. Something like a half moon shape. Again only visible in these two apps that I've found.

If it's a defective screen why does it only display on these two apps? If it's a software bug why does the artifact looks so uncharacteristic of a software bug and why does it display in the same place and the same way in two totally different apps?

Any ideas? This is super annoying.

Back
Top Bottom