• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Is skyraider rom buggy for anyone?

I flashed skyraider 3.5 final yesterday, I really like the setup, but it is really buggy for me, At first I couldn't send ANY gmail out, only receive, finally got that fixed with some help from the forums, had to go to settings/applications/gmail/reset data to fix it. Now today I noticed when I tried to make a call from my favorites the phones screen went black, rebooted and tried to make a call from the people widget, same thing, black screen, after a few more reboots I could make a call. Its a bummer this rom is so buggy for me, Im just about ready to give up on this rom and try something more stable.
Anyone else having issues?
Anyone have any ideas what could be going on with my phone?
Yes I did a full wipe before I flashed skyraider
thanks
Ken

Sorry, not having any problems with 3.5 on mine. I came from the Stock Froyo ROM and wiped before I flashed 3.5.

Do you have any custom themes on it? What kernel and radio do you have? Have you tried the SR thread over at xda? Probably have better luck there.

I would re-download the ROM or at least check the MD5 to see if it downloaded correct, it's a good habit to form anyway before flashing anything. I also would wipe data, chache, dalvik, and battery (I do this before every ROM flash) wipe all four and give er another go, I personally run stock deodexed with my personal theming, and others mods

I used to flash ROMS almost daily to find the right one for me. I have not changed a thing on my phone since I installed this ROM. I too had a buggy Market initially mainly with downloads but for what ever reason, that changed and everything works great.

I just downloaded skyraider again, doing a Full wipe and rom install now,
hopefully this will take care of it.

anyone recommend any themes?
I have not installed any themes yet

I could not get my bluetooth headset to connect this morning and the app drawer lags like none other. I do like the way it looks, but I like Virtuous better.

The only issues I have a had is the market force closing a few times. Other than that its super stable.

Yes, I've had some problems with the market FC when I try installing multiple apps at the same time. I have had to cancel them and install them one at a time. Not sure if it is related to the ROM, or the market itself.

anyone recommend any themes?
I have not installed any themes yet

The only thing I installed is the blue circle battery with smooth icons. I mainly wanted a battery status icon that was more useful than the stock one.

Yes, I've had some problems with the market FC when I try installing multiple apps at the same time. I have had to cancel them and install them one at a time. Not sure if it is related to the ROM, or the market itself.

The only thing I installed is the blue circle battery with smooth icons. I mainly wanted a battery status icon that was more useful than the stock one.

I want the blue circle battery icon as well, but cannot get it figured out.
something about dl and installing MM, I cant find this MM
can ya give me any help on how to install it?
thanks
Ken

thanks
Ken

MetaMorph - Android app on AppBrain

Install this app, and put this zip folder in the AndroidThemes folder on your SD Card: http://skyraider.us/xda/themes/33/MMBatteries.zip

Fire up metamorph and allow it SU, and then load up this zip folder. i think it initially says it fails, but just go to the button in the bottom right (i'm flashing a rom right now and i cant remember what the menu option is) and the blue circle is the the first one of the three. there shoudl be an xml somewhere in tehre that you can load. it'll reboot and then you're good.

thanks
Ken

If you go through ROM Manager > Download ROM > Ihtfp69 > Status bar stuff > there is an option for black bar with smooth battery icon, that is the one you want. Much easier if you already have ROM Manager.

MetaMorph - Android app on AppBrain

Install this app, and put this zip folder in the AndroidThemes folder on your SD Card: http://skyraider.us/xda/themes/33/MMBatteries.zip

Fire up metamorph and allow it SU, and then load up this zip folder. i think it initially says it fails, but just go to the button in the bottom right (i'm flashing a rom right now and i cant remember what the menu option is) and the blue circle is the the first one of the three. there shoudl be an xml somewhere in tehre that you can load. it'll reboot and then you're good.

Thanks for the help, it worked.

:D

If you go through ROM Manager > Download ROM > Ihtfp69 > Status bar stuff > there is an option for black bar with smooth battery icon, that is the one you want. Much easier if you already have ROM Manager.

I do have rom mgr, thanks Im gonna check that out as well, :D

Sky Raider 3,5 works great on mine..
Only problem was answering a call from only 3 of my contacts when others would call I would touch the answer it would work the 3 touching the trying to answer it just would not respond, I found the problem the 3 contacts i was have the problems with were set up using ZEDGE ring tones after I put them on a ringer from the system they too worked great.
Sky Raider 3,5 downloaded and installed via Rom Manager after rooting with Unrevoked 3.22 from stock rom with OTA update

Ever since I did a reinstall everything seems good now except the market says there is an update for flash and when I try to install it, it dl's but the install fails, I dont know whats up with that

Ken

Ever since I did a reinstall everything seems good now except the market says there is an update for flash and when I try to install it, it dl's but the install fails, I dont know whats up with that

Ken

Flash is modified on SkyRaider, so that Hulu works, if you don't care about Hulu you can delete it, then delete flash, and it will update just fine, he has a lock on it so it won't update cos then you can't use Hulu....

Flash is modified on SkyRaider, so that Hulu works, if you don't care about Hulu you can delete it, then delete flash, and it will update just fine, he has a lock on it so it won't update cos then you can't use Hulu....

I thought it was something like that, as long as not updating flash doesn't affect anything else, then Im good

thanks for letting me know
Ken

Back
Top Bottom