• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is the Galaxy S II coming to Sprint?

Galaxy S II coming to all 4 big carriers for sure. I do wonder if sprint is getting it with a keyboard as the epic 2 Or whatever they will call the next one

No i don't think so.

so far all the Galaxy S phones have a unique design depending on the company. sure they are all Galaxy S phones and they all have their perks to make em unique to each company but NONE of the designs are repeated with the carriers.

Ignoring the qwerty slide out on the Epic; compare it to the Vibrant and the Captivate. Go an extra mile and compare the Vibrant with the "Galaxy S 4G". Same company same design different company different design and thus names.

Upvote 0
What im trying to say is:
Compare the Captivate (AT&T) with the vibrant (TMO) with the Epic( unfair because its the only 4G one with FFC)

they have nothing alike cept that they are all from the galaxy s line. In fact the captivate is the glitchiest one out of the lot and the one that has been gimped by its carrier the most. None of these phones look alike and if we go down to hardware specs you would find one or two things different.

Other than they are all called Galaxy S "so and so" they have nothing in common.

Now look at TMO with their now "out to pasture" Vibrant and their new "Galaxy S 4G" Its the exact same design ( case wise ) and basically hardware wise ( the difference is the FFC, it comes Out of the Box with 2.2 oh and HSPA+ ready)

Does the Epic look like the Galaxy S 4G? No. Same hardware specs? no. same carrier? no.

By seeing this trend i find it hard to believe that Samsung, who is looking to have phone variety in every carrier; would repeat the Galaxy S II design in all 4 US carriers. ( we all keep forgetting the whole world has more variety of carriers)

Take the HTC EVO 4G. no other company can own that exact same phone because its name and design is (at the moment) exclusive to Sprint. But that didnt stop AT&T to try an take a stab at it with their HTC Inspire 4G. Gimped out with no FFC and kickstand for youtube/movie viewing ease. I believe that Verizon has a version of the HTC EVO called Desire ( you would have to correct me on this one if im wrong as i currently live in PR and im not as up to date with carriers outside of the island)

did i explain myself better?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones