• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is the Tab 3 already out of date?

joshhud

Hi all,

I just bought the galaxy tab 3 7.0 today and it is my first tablet if you don't count my Note 2 lol. I just wanted get the thoughts of some more experienced tab users. Is this tablet behind the times right out of the box? I mean 8gb and 1gb of ram, my note blows this thing away. But then again the note is $700. Now to be clear I bought this to read books, web browsing, occasional games, and to use as a remote control. Books are fine, web browsing is a little slow, gaming is basically out if the question, and the remote is not exactly what I was looking for. Does this sound right or is it just me?

I originally purchased the note 8 wifi addition and absolutely loved it, but then sprint put The tab 3 LTE 7 inch on sale for 49 bucks so I took a note back to get the tab. there is no comparison. I really do miss having The note 8 , the power the RAM etc. If I can ever afford it, I will get the 2014 Note 10.1

It will feel its age sooner rather than later based on the specs. Doesnt mean its a bad tablet though.

Samsung should have priced the GTab 3 7.0 lower. At $199, it is overpriced and even at $159, it's too high. I have the Gtab 3 7.0 and I rooted it but it's an ok tablet, not anything spectacular. Too many good tablets are out there with better specs and lower prices. (Kindle Fire HDX is at $179 for Cyber Monday, for example). I don't see any major differences between the GTab 3 and Gtab 2.

What they should have done, IMHO, on Black Friday is price it at $99- $129 (for the wifi version). It probably would have blown off the shelf.

(Note: I didn't pay for my tablet. I traded a phone I wasn't using for my Gtab 3,straight up)

Galaxy Tab 3 is not an outdated device I still feel fine with the device. Maybe it is overpriced compared to other devices out there and their specs, otherwise the device is fine with dual-core processor and 1GB of RAM unless you wanted more power inside. To me it is enough to get my job done. So I think it is not a bad device but yea for new buyers there are other options out there with better specs and price.

I got mine in March and only just started playing around with it this week, it seems slow, i do have an s4 mini and did have an s3, which both worked very quickly indeed, this tablet seems to have some sort of delay, even before i put any apps on it.

Cant' seem to figure out how to move things over to the sd card either?

I got mine in March and only just started playing around with it this week, it seems slow, i do have an s4 mini and did have an s3, which both worked very quickly indeed, this tablet seems to have some sort of delay, even before i put any apps on it.

Cant' seem to figure out how to move things over to the sd card either?

It doesn't have apps2sd capability. And yeah it is pretty laggy at times. I have an exhibit with almost the exact same species but it performs much faster.

it is fine tablet. I got mine about a month ago from T-Mo, no interest for 24 months, free 4G/LTE 1.2GB until the end of 2014, then $10/mo. I selected Tab 3 because of the IR blaster, so I can use it as a remote.

Just came back from Europe, it was great to have free Internet anywhere.

I also got mine at Sprint for $49.00 and i'm quite satisfied with it. I got it with 4g and very happy being able to use wherever I go and not have to depend on Wi Fi.

The LTE version is far better than the Wifi only version. I have the wifi only version and my coworker has the LTE version. No contest. Hers performs better.

(I don't need data on my tablet so I can't justify getting the LTE version)

Makes a fine e-reader, battery life beats Nexus 7's, Chromecast streaming works better too, in fact it's the only device that reliably casts my Play Movies content without stuttering or buffering. Sadly can't cure my buyer's remorse having paid the same price for a worse unit that had screen issues, horrible battery life, no microSD slot, and hardly any consistent support from Google.

Back
Top Bottom