• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help is there a "contacts to display" option?

tds73

New to me phone. Old phone had a contacts to display option so that the contacts would not show doubles, triples, quads....etc.
Is this an option on the droid turbo?

Start the contacts app. Open its menu, select settings and then "contacts to display".
that is what I was afraid of, that is the only option, display by name...
My last phone had other options under that tab, like google contacts, microsoft exchange, customize....etc. That way you could just set it the way you wanted and there would be no duplicate contacts displayed.
So it sounds like now I will have to find an app to merge contacts.

New to me phone. Old phone had a contacts to display option so that the contacts would not show doubles, triples, quads....etc.
Is this an option on the droid turbo?

You can join contacts. Go to a contact, and choose to edit it. On the edit screen in the upper right corner, tap the 3 dots. From there, you should see an option to join. I have joined several contacts that way. I'm not sure if that helps you or not, but I hope it does.

glc is right. Go to your app drawer and choose the contacts app (not the phone icon). In the top right corner, tap the 3 dots. From there you have the option of choosing what contacts to display.

glc is right. Go to your app drawer and choose the contacts app (not the phone icon). In the top right corner, tap the 3 dots. From there you have the option of choosing what contacts to display.
Ahhhaaa. I was not going to the app. That helps, still not the best, but better. Thanks.

You can also try PixelPhone. It has the "show contacts for (check the ones you want) .gmail, phone, google, skype, etc.etc.

I think this is what you want to accomplish, correct?

hsb

Back
Top Bottom