• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there a difference between SGH-T599 and SGH-T599N?

I want to know because I have sgh-T599 and I need some way to root it w/o a computer so I can move apps to my sd card. And also I saw a root for the sgh-t599N and i did it but I'm not sure what to do with it and how to move apps to the sd card

I want to know because I have sgh-T599 and I need some way to root it w/o a computer so I can move apps to my sd card. And also I saw a root for the sgh-t599N and i did it but I'm not sure what to do with it and how to move apps to the sd card
The answer is a qualified YES, they are substantially the same. Memory layout and actual firmware contents from partition to partition are almost identical. Aside from the obvious cosmetic differences during boot and the carrier branding, aka sim lock and bloatware that is. I did a binary compare on the pieces I could scrounge up from xda and found mostly very minor differences if any.

Long story short, rooting the two should be identical. Almost anything that the T599N accepts will work on the T599 from T-Mobile. As for moving apps to the sdcard, I wish you luck. Samsung and Google went to some lengths to obviate the need to move apps to the sdcard, including withdrawing support from the OS. Look at link2sd and the support threads on xda to see if this is something you're comfortable pursuing.

BOL.

They're the exact same phone. No difference really. They're just on different carriers. So for the most part any root method for the N will work for the tmobile version as well. The custom rom carbon has apps2sd, but if you don't wanna flash a custom rom check out link2sd like riches said.

Are the Samsung SGH-T599N and Samsung SGH-T599 physically the same on the outside?

The answer to this question is important to those of us acquiring armor for our devices.

Back
Top Bottom