• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is there a Nokia 7.1 user who would help me capture a dl link to a new OTA update?

not familiar with your phone, but i am with adb and fastboot. the issue you are going to have is usb debugging not being turned on. hopefully it was already turned on before the update. if not then adb might not work for you. usb debugging is turned on in your phone's settings.

first off, what exactly happened after the ota?

edit: you will also need to have developer's option turned on as well

Last edited:
not familiar with your phone, but i am with adb and fastboot. the issue you are going to have is usb debugging. hopefully it was already turned on before the update. if not then adb might not work for you. usb debugging is turned on in your phone's settings.

first off, what exactly happened after the ota?
Unfortunately, I don't think I had USB debugging on.

My phone downloaded a new update and asked for a restart, so I restarted it, and it won't turn on properly since then. It boots into a Fastboot mode (apparently called Download mode on Nokia). It communicates with my PC with Fastboot commands, but that's it.

I am able to go into the recovery mode, where there's an option to install an OTA update from ADB or an SD card. Someone told me, I'm quoting "Well, what I know is that OTA update will not install into itself. You need to be on an update older than what you're trying to install, it cannot install the same update as the timestamp and pre-build will mismatch." So apparently if I was able to get someone to help me download the .zip file of the upcoming June update, I might be able to install it manually and fix my phone. I don't know much about this stuff, I didn't even know what Fastboot or ADB was yesterday, so sorry if I am misinformed.

I have not tried a factory reset, even though I do have the option. There are some photos on my device that mean a lot to me, so if there's a chance to recover them, I want to try it first before factory resetting (I am stupid and should have backed them up, I know).

ok well from the looks of it i did find something that might work, but it will erase your phone's data and thus your photos.....i have been looking and have not found anything to work around this issue.

you can read up on it hear:
How to Install Stock Firmware on Nokia 7.1

i have no idea if it will work for you or not.

but i would consider doing a factory reset first......but that is up to you.

ok well from the looks of it i did find something that might work, but it will erase your phone's data and thus your photos.....i have been looking and have not found anything to work around this issue.

you can read up on it hear:
How to Install Stock Firmware on Nokia 7.1

i have no idea if it will work for you or not.

but i would consider doing a factory reset first......but that is up to you.

I will definitely try factory reset once I am completely sure that there's no way to save my data. From what I understand, there's still a chance to recover from this if I am able to get my hands on the next OTA update.

Thank you for your help, I appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom