• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there a program to disable/enable services based on environmental triggers?

scythefwd

Apr 17, 2012
Basically, I'd like to auto disable my wifi card when I connect to a specific bluetooth device (car kit). I'd like to re-enable the wifi card when not connected to that bluetooth device or to a specific bluetooth device (bluetooth to land line bridge).

I'd also like to enable gps when I am connected to my car kit via bluetooth but disable it at any other time.

Is there a program, script, or anything else that can do this out there? For those of you familiar with WebOS, I'd love to replicate the Mode Switcher program in functionality.

The phone will be a samsung infuse..

Looks like the motorola smart actions would work if it actually would be usable on other than motorola phones.

Will tasker be able to differentiate between different bluetooth connections? Can it enable/disable gps, data, wifi? I'm about to go look it up now... I hope to pick up the phone tonight, or in the next couple days...

Looks to be the right deal.. wish it was easier to work. Hoping for a free solution, like mode switcher was.

My pre+ is on it's last legs. If the company won't support it, why should I keep it? So I'm down to Iphone or Droid.. I like the Infuse way better than the Iphone, which the wife wants...

Upvote 0
Will tasker be able to differentiate between different bluetooth connections? Can it enable/disable gps, data, wifi? I'm about to go look it up now... I hope to pick up the phone tonight, or in the next couple days...

Looks to be the right deal.. wish it was easier to work. Hoping for a free solution, like mode switcher was.

My pre+ is on it's last legs. If the company won't support it, why should I keep it? So I'm down to Iphone or Droid.. I like the Infuse way better than the Iphone, which the wife wants...

Absolutely. I've got it set to do different things if it pairs with my car BT than if it pairs with my headphones BT.

Upvote 0
I think you should take a closer look at Llama. It should be able to do what you described in your original post - none of which is really location dependent but based on connecting to a specific bluetooth device which it can do.

Also it really doesn't take travelling very far for it detect you are no longer in an area so the tower detection works pretty well and there is also GPS detection although that is an experimental feature.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones