• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Is there any way to modify the default dictionary?

moespeeds

Member
Any way to edit the default dictionary and take out words? I'm not talking about the user dictionary that we add things like names and our favorite curse words, I'm talking about the default dictionary the phone comes with out of the box. I want to remove a lot of useless words to make swype faster and more efficient.
 
Just to answer my own question for the archives, I finally found a solution. The new version of Swype beta allows you to easily delete words from the DEFAULT dictionary. One its installed you simply hold the word you want to delete in the suggestion bar and it will ask If you want to delete it. Finally words like errata and lsat are gone from my phone forever!

Get the Swype beta here, its also better than the stock version.

Swype | Get Swype
 
Back
Top Bottom