• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is this a tablet, or a Chromebook?!

"Tablet", or "Chromebook" ?

• Tablet

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • Chromebook

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Phases

NO LONGER ADMIN
Our article implies it's a tablet. Our poll on Phandroid implies Chromebook.

I'll never be able to sleep!

It's running Android :) Rob was incorrect in his phandroid poll and once I asked about it he realized it, so I'm no longer confused ;)

Anyone gunna get one? I dunno, I currently don't have the need but, I like it...

Google announces Pixel C tablet; priced at $500 for 32GB, $600 for 64GB

Google added a brand-new tablet to its Chromebook Pixel line of devices. The Pixel C runs the latest version of Android, Marshmallow 6.0, and features a slim magnetic keyboard case that's sold separately. It's priced at $500 for the 32GB model and $600 for the 64GB version, while the keyboard will go for $149. According to Google, it's expected to go on sale around the holidays.​

Thinking more on it... I'm not sure Android is really suited to a laptop-esque usage scenario. The lack of practical multitasking really kills it (in the bad way) for me. I just don't see the advantage of this over another tablet with a BT keyboard.

At least with the Asus Transformer series, the keyboards contained a second battery and a standard USB 2.0 port to add utilization. While this does sound great, I'm not sure it's $650/$750 great.

Meh, too expensive and not easily available here. Plus most of Google's services are blocked unless using a VPN, which might limit its use to me. Anyway, I recently bought a Windows tablet.:thumbsupdroid:

Back
Top Bottom