• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Is this possible with the triumph?? o.O

Metro 2033 on Nexus S (with OnLive) - YouTube

i thought this was only possible on tablets with USB ports..

could i buy an adaptor and plug in a 360 controller since mantera added the kernel support for it?? and that Keylayout file too?

That depends on if the MT supports USB OTG. I think it is partially hardware, although I do not know, so it may or may not be possible. You could always pick up an USB OTG adapter and see I don't think they're too expensive. Just google USB OTG adapter to find some.

[GUIDE] USB Gaming on Nexus S - xda-developers

ill pick up one of those micro usb to usb female adaptors for like a dollar on amazon

free shipping too :D

but there does need to be kernel support and i should be able to use the wifi adaptor for my Onlive controller since the xbox 360 wireless adapter works so its basically the same thing.. or if anything i can use my wired 360 pad..

i just need somthing that wont freak out wifi like bluetooth does.. till thats fixed in the ICS rom i can use this workaround.

Well yea the kernel needs support so if one of the devs aren't too busy maybe they can look at it and what it would take to get kernel support.

If you have the adapter then it should. Otherwise some games have touch controls, like LEGO Batman, or Dirt. I've tried them and they work fine on the Triumph. Better on something with more reliable multi-touch, but yeah.

If you have the adapter then it should. Otherwise some games have touch controls, like LEGO Batman, or Dirt. I've tried them and they work fine on the Triumph. Better on something with more reliable multi-touch, but yeah.

If you have the adapter it won't work. You need hardware to support as well as a kernel to support it.

Drivers / kernel language things and such here this is for snapdragon chipsets but older like a Nexus 1 dunno if that makes a difference..:

http://sven.killig.de/android/N1/2.2/usb_host/

So that says you need a 8250 SoC (we have a 8655). I'm sure the chipset supports it. Idk if the steps would be the same or if the MT can even have a host mode.

i PM'd Mantera about it.. but i ordered a cable anyway just incase we can get it working.. if not.. marc can buy it :D 5$

According to these folks this should work
I just checked it using their sixaxis controller checker apk and the MT passes. Hope this helps who want to play games.

Sixaxis Controller apk Lets You Play Games On Your Rooted Android Device Using A Playstation3 Controller

i PM'd Mantera about it.. but i ordered a cable anyway just incase we can get it working.. if not.. marc can buy it :D 5$

And you bought it for how much? lol

According to these folks this should work
I just checked it using their sixaxis controller checker apk and the MT passes. Hope this helps who want to play games.

Sixaxis Controller apk Lets You Play Games On Your Rooted Android Device Using A Playstation3 Controller

Ps3 controller does work, we are talking about a totally different beast that requires the phone to be able to act as a host device though. And those aren't links if you thought they were...

And you bought it for how much? lol

Ps3 controller does work, we are talking about a totally different beast that requires the phone to be able to act as a host device though. And those aren't links if you thought they were...
I don't understand why the text got highlighted in blue but now I understand you wanted it to go through the USB port versus BT as this does. Sorry my error.

Back
Top Bottom