• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Isolate app slowdowns

wooky69

Android Enthusiast
Hi all, are there any utilities to help work out what apps are slowing down a phone?

I completely reflashed my phone last week and am now running Cyanogenmod cm-12.1-20150909-NIGHTLY-klte but my phone is back to random slow downs when typing and occasional app slowdowns.

Is there any way other than uninstalling all apps and readding them as I really don't have time to do that and I use more of the apps I have installed.

Thanks all.

Hi all, are there any utilities to help work out what apps are slowing down a phone?

I completely reflashed my phone last week and am now running Cyanogenmod cm-12.1-20150909-NIGHTLY-klte but my phone is back to random slow downs when typing and occasional app slowdowns.

Is there any way other than uninstalling all apps and readding them as I really don't have time to do that and I use more of the apps I have installed.

Thanks all.

Where CM Nightly's are concerned, they are highly experimental, "alpha", releases which users flash at their own risk and are amended every night or two as problems such as yours emerge. I would look to change your kernel or its settings or revert back to a stable release

Where CM Nightly's are concerned, they are highly experimental, "alpha", releases which users flash at their own risk and are amended every night or two as problems such as yours emerge. I would look to change your kernel or its settings or revert back to a stable release
There's no stable 12.1 at the mo I'm afraid but I'm told they're closing on a stable release and its considered fairly stable at present (who knows though).
I'm fairly sure its an app as it ran fine as just OS with basic apps. I'll maybe just have to go back and install one at a time.

Is there any way to stop apps auto launching? Can privacy guard do it? I had GPS essentials installed and noticed that every hour it tries to get a location, I very rarely use it so I don't want it using battery and resources, its a pet hate with android apps.

Back
Top Bottom