• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Issue with synching with WMP

On my PC i store albums in different folders and the songs in the folders : Music/Album1, Music/Album2, .... All my songs have the required MP3tags : Album, Title, Albumartist, Artist. So, in principle the folderstructure is not required, but ok. I'm old fashion :) On my smartphone i have the same folder structure. Now, when i synch between PC (Windows Media Player) and smartphone i have a strange phenomena :
It often happens (and always for the same folders) that after synching on my smartphone an additional folder Music/Albumartist/Album1 is created and all the songs in there. The original folder Music/Album1 also exists. Remarkable is the fact that there is nothing to synch in that folder
How is this possible
Kind regards

Last edited:
you google has an interesting way of sorting music. you might try another player. i use googly music, but i buy my music from the app so i have no issues with it.
i would expect that the synchronization process is independent of the music player on android ? what i find strange is the way the synch process manipulates the file system on android by creating additional folders etc ...

I'm not sure if anyone is still reading but i have more details :)
The "problem" occurs if i synch a playlist. And the phenomena is the following : for every song in the playlist, the synching process creates additional folders with the structure albumartist/album (mp3 tags). To illustrate if the playlist contains the song Madame George with Album = "Astral Weeks" and AlbumArtist = "Van Morrison", the synching process creates a folder Van Morrison/Astral Weeks with 1 song Madame George.

I discovered in WMP in Tools/Options/<smartphone> -> Properties an option "Create folder hierarchy on device" that is checked. But i cannot uncheck it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom