• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Issues since update?

thisISjoel

Android Enthusiast
Hey guys, my mum has a Z1 and she recently got the 5.0.2 (I'm pretty sure that's the one) update and she's been having a few issues since.

Call quality has dropped, people on the other end sound robotic, especially when using bluetooth and she sounds muffled/quiet to the people she's taking to.

Has anyone else experienced this or similar issues since getting an update? Is there anything she can try to resolve to issues? I'm trying to play tech support, but I'm not sure what might cause this or how it could be fixed.

Any suggestions are much appreciated! Thanks!

Ah, tech support for your mum. I've been there many, many times myself. :)

In Settings -> Sound, I'm sure there are some options for call quality/settings etc, you could have a play around there and see if there is anything which will improve things. I no longer have the Z1, but I can check its exact location when my other half gets home from work.

Fwiw, 5.0.2 was pretty much a disaster for me. I didn't have an issue with call quality, but a factory reset (it's recommended after most major updates) solved most of my issues.

If you need to back stuff up before hand, Sony's Backup and Restore app backed up 95% of what I asked it to. There's also Helium Backup on Play, that's pretty good too.

Ah, tech support for your mum. I've been there many, many times myself. :)

In Settings -> Sound, I'm sure there are some options for call quality/settings etc, you could have a play around there and see if there is anything which will improve things. I no longer have the Z1, but I can check its exact location when my other half gets home from work.

Fwiw, 5.0.2 was pretty much a disaster for me. I didn't have an issue with call quality, but a factory reset (it's recommended after most major updates) solved most of my issues.

If you need to back stuff up before hand, Sony's Backup and Restore app backed up 95% of what I asked it to. There's also Helium Backup on Play, that's pretty good too.

Thanks so much for the reply :) I'll definitely try your suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom