• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help It is not possible to back up my data from my mobile phone

Biffos

Android Enthusiast
It is not possible to back up my data from my mobile phone:
q1cl72M.png

"fehlgeschlagen" means "failures" / "failed":
PFD35AT.png

Restarting the Notebook, Smartphone, plugging in and off the plugs do not help.

Google photos is used to backup all of your photos and videos.
Google play store is used for all of your apps.
SMS backup in the play store is used to backup all your messages.
Everything else can be backed up manually using a file explorer and a external SD card.

Google photos is used to backup all of your photos and videos.
Google play store is used for all of your apps
E.g. the calendar, contacts? So I have to register with such service to back up? Are the back ups done automatically then or do I need a special app / programm?

Everything else can be backed up manually using a file explorer and a external SD card.
Or on a hard drive, I guess.

Well you need to use a Gmail account for all of your apps. That is what Google play store is used for.
Don't you already use one?
There's an app called Super Backup Pro in the play store that will backup all of your contacts, apps and SMS messages.
If you use Google Chrome as a browser, it automatically backs up your bookmarks for websites.
Google photos is linked to your Gmail account, so if you login on your pc you can access everything there also, no hard drives needed.
Google calendar automatically saves your tasks.

Well you need to use a Gmail account for all of your apps. That is what Google play store is used for.
Don't you already use one?
Actually I am not sure, I download the apps without being logged in or registered, there is a message shown always when I download a new app to register or such.

There's an app called Super Backup Pro in the play store that will backup all of your contacts, apps and SMS messages.
Sounds like it is not a free one.

If you use Google Chrome as a browser, it automatically backs up your bookmarks for websites.
Sorry, I do not understand, what is the connection to the Smartphone / backing up the Smartphone?

Google photos is linked to your Gmail account, so if you login on your pc you can access everything there also, no hard drives needed.
Google calendar automatically saves your tasks.
So one has to do several back ups (for photos, calendar, etc. or one? I do not use the Google calendar but another app.

it will depend on your manufacturer. samsung has Smart Switch which allows you to backup all of that data. you can then use that to transfer to a new phone. it is pretty sweet and is why i love samsung. not sure if sony has anything like that.

It is not possible to back up my data from my mobile phone:
q1cl72M.png

"fehlgeschlagen" means "failures" / "failed":
PFD35AT.png

Restarting the Notebook, Smartphone, plugging in and off the plugs do not help.

Xperia Companion should work for backups of Sony phones. I believe that's what it's supposed to do. I have no experience of it myself. Have you tried another USB cord?

Yes, just tried again with another cord, the original, this message was shown:
pKbr5Za.png

It is shown quite often, saying something like communication between devices failed.

Yes, just tried again with another cord, the original, this message was shown:
pKbr5Za.png

It is shown quite often, saying something like communication between devices failed.

Has it ever worked? Are you supposed to set the phone in a certain mode or something? I can't really help you anymore than that, as I've never had a Sony Xperia phone.

Has it ever worked?
No, it hasn't worked ever. After the last Win 10 update or the one before or so a back up is at least performed / treid, before not even that has happened.

Are you supposed to set the phone in a certain mode or something?
No, not that I would have noticed it. Just connect it via cable, give access and back up. When plugging in the plugs that program, Xperia Companion, opens and one has to click on back up.

Nevertheless many thanks!

I don't know if it was for the newer Win 10, but there sometimes are updates and some weeks ago or so there was one. The program shows it is up to date.

Back
Top Bottom