• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

It's not every 3 months anymore...

ouch1976

Android Enthusiast
Nov 30, 2011
I've been holding onto an upgrade for the past 3 months because I kept thinking that a newer/faster/cooler phone would be out in no time...but, that doesn't seem to be the case anymore in the Android world.

I'm on Verizon and the Galaxy Nexus, RAZR, and Rezound are now almost 6 months old and I don't see any contenders hitting the shelves in the near future. Yes, the Incredible 4G is rumored, but I'll believe it when it's officially announced. Perhaps it's a VZW issue, but they are really lousy at getting new devices released quickly (remember the Bionic?).

So, the lesson learned is to just use your upgrade as soon as it's available and not frustrate yourself with the waiting game.

Nothing wrong with waiting, it's just a matter of knowing when to make the jump.

Also never heard of this 3 month thing, generally you have a year gap between new technology and almost everything released inbetween this period are just rehashes of existing technology.

Tip, this does tend to coincide with when Samsung release their new flagship phones. ;)

Upvote 0
There used to be a race to release the newest and greatest phones, the Droid, X, Fascinate, Incredible, then all the second and third generations, etc, the Thunderbolt, the Charge, etc, etc. There really was a new, top of the line device coming out every 3 months. Unfortunately, all the companies have said that they are going to release fewer devices, which is much more similar to the iPhone model. Which means that we will have less options to upgrade throughout the year. So, it makes sense to just grab the best phone out there at the current time. You can always resell your device and Verizon will give you a little break if your phone is over 1 year old.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones