• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

iTunes App Jam11...anyone try it?

For everyone who has been trying to use Jam11 with your NAS drive or have had problems missing last 30 seconds of your songs off your iTunes on Mac, we have released a fix. Please go to your Jam11Connect on your computer and select Check for updates and that will upgrade your PC or Mac software. Thanks for all your support and comments. For people new to Jam11, please download Jam11 from Android Market and then download your PC or Mac software from www.jam11.com/jam11/Download.html. Once you have both, you can stream all your itunes music anywhere anyplace. Besides you also get access to 42,000 of SHOUTcast radios for times when your computer is not connected to the Internet.

Upvote 0
Jam - today's updates are nice. I'm still surprised at the quality of the sound even over 3G. Good stuff.

Regarding the desktop app (for Windows at least), can we get some options for allowing it to automatically log in and run when Windows starts ? I have it set to run minimized in my Start program folder, but I still need to click 'Start Jamming' at reboot (I run this on a monitor-less mediaserver).

Also, maybe an option to 'Sync Now' on the desktop app? I usually have to exit Jam11 on my Windows box and restart so it picks up on newly added music to my iTunes. It would be nice to have some type of refresh or sync as an option on the Windows/Mac apps.

OP - Sorry if it seems like I'm hi-jacking this thread. I just think that he Dev is doing a good job bringing this app along.

Reactions: Jam11
Upvote 0
Thanks for your comments. We are adding autosync feature. This is a very complex feature and so we are doing more testing for the next couple of weeks before releasing it.

Your idea of adding an auto way to start the app is a good one and we will look at it for sure and see what we can do.

In the new version you can know which song is being streamed and how many songs have been streamed today and from the beginning. How do you like this feature?

Thanks

Upvote 0
Thanks for your comments. We are adding autosync feature. This is a very complex feature and so we are doing more testing for the next couple of weeks before releasing it.

Your idea of adding an auto way to start the app is a good one and we will look at it for sure and see what we can do.

Thanks Jam. Your hard work is appreciated.

I also had a question or 2 on the android app. My Music playlist (my entire iTunes library) is just about 20,000 songs. When I select this and choose Shuffle All it does shuffle, however it seems to shuffle only 2 or 3 artist's albums from the beginning of the playlist (artist beginning with the letter A). Shouldn't it shuffle the entire playlist?

Also, the iTunes DJ playlist is kind of unique in iTunes in that it's a live, updated playlist where once a song finishes playing it drops off and is replaced with the next random one iTunes picks (or that someone "requests"). On mine I have 21 songs, but these remain the same 21 songs in Jam11 and never drop off or update. Is there anyway Jam11 can mimic the iTunes "live updating" with this playlist? Maybe the the aforementioned autosync feature will help with this?

As a side note, I'd gladly donate to your efforts. It might be wise to add a Paypal Donate button on your website for this. Just a thought.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
I'd like to use this constantly, and I'd even make a donation, but it only loaded a few albums from my library, as I don't use the typical location on my computer for music (it's not under the iTunes Music folder etc).

Also I can't listen to music without Last.fm Scrobbling. I know it's nerdy but there are millions of people who do this and it's something that very much needs to be included.

Hopefully you can get these features going and I'd be happy to conribute to Jam11.

Upvote 0
If you have EVO and had problems with Jam11 on 3G/4G please download the new upgrade from Android Market as it fixes that issue.

Also, album art has been added as a new feature. Shuffle issues have also been addressed. If you have not tried it yet please do so from Android Market and give us your feedback.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones