• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

iTunes equivalent for Android and my Note 3.

Hello, i did a quick research and i know Samsung Kies manages contacts and transfers data... Still i am looking for an equivalent of itunes but for all android phone. I want to reorganize my music collection like i did in itunes and be able to install, manage my iPhone and transfer data. Maybe there is a google windows program for that?

Sorry, I misinterpreted the question :o

I don't think you get an itunes like solution on Android. Your closest would probably be MyPhoneExplorer or something like MoboRobo?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.music

https://play.google.com/music/listen#

But probably not what you're looking for if you want a complete itunes replacement.

So ill probably use double twist + itunes for music.

Now, should i use samsung kies for phone management, back ups and apps? or is there something Android-General in case i need the note 3 back up for another brand in the future?

No... I certainly don't.... Its all day n the cloud. So it looks after itself

Mnnn... is an option but i prefer all my apps, contacts and back up in my pc. Anyone have any suggestion. I found Samsung kies but if i switch to another android phone in the future i dont know if i can use that back up.

I use Google Music. I believe they allow you to upload up to 20,000 songs for free... way more than I have currently. You need to download and install their Google music manager software... point it at your music folder and let it go.

It could take a few days or more to upload (based on your internet speed.) In my experience it will even upload iTunes music purchase (just not DRM'd ones.... newer albums don't have DRM... purchases from years ago MAY... you'd need to burn those albums to CD in iTunes, and re-rip them before Google would upload it.)

[People complain about how long it takes to upload from PC... but seriously... set it up let it do its thing and in a few days its done; you could easily waste more time looking for another solution.]

Once the music is in the cloud... you can use the Play Music app to stream to your device, or "pin" it (download) for offline listening. It's great having access to all my music any time I want... I used to use other multiple solutions including FTP and stream directly from my home PC... but this is way better.

As far as install of apps; from the Play store on the web you can install remotely to any of your devices. As far as managing apps (like removal) I typically do that on device itself... AirDroid will let you wirelessly transfer data to/from your device... and I think you might even be able to uninstall apps from the PC interface for that. (I've used a few apps to "batch" uninstall apps... but they were clunky without a rooted device.)

I use Doubletwist to sync from mac to phone. All apps are from the play store or side loaded from another source. Contacts are synced with google and mac. Don't really worry about backups. Wipe it and reload what I actually use. Keeps the clutter down.

I use Google Music. I believe they allow you to upload up to 20,000 songs for free... way more than I have currently. You need to download and install their Google music manager software... point it at your music folder and let it go.

It could take a few days or more to upload (based on your internet speed.) In my experience it will even upload iTunes music purchase (just not DRM'd ones.... newer albums don't have DRM... purchases from years ago MAY... you'd need to burn those albums to CD in iTunes, and re-rip them before Google would upload it.)

[People complain about how long it takes to upload from PC... but seriously... set it up let it do its thing and in a few days its done; you could easily waste more time looking for another solution.]

Once the music is in the cloud... you can use the Play Music app to stream to your device, or "pin" it (download) for offline listening. It's great having access to all my music any time I want... I used to use other multiple solutions including FTP and stream directly from my home PC... but this is way better.

As far as install of apps; from the Play store on the web you can install remotely to any of your devices. As far as managing apps (like removal) I typically do that on device itself... AirDroid will let you wirelessly transfer data to/from your device... and I think you might even be able to uninstall apps from the PC interface for that. (I've used a few apps to "batch" uninstall apps... but they were clunky without a rooted device.)

ditto for me.

I used double twist to transfer and set up my music list. The problem is that its a crappy player. So I took advance of Google music intro offer of $7.99 a month, and every virtually every song ever made at my disposable, mostly in the cloud. I can put it on my device if I want, and use a quality player.

Hello, i did a quick research and i know Samsung Kies manages contacts and transfers data... Still i am looking for an equivalent of itunes but for all android phone. I want to reorganize my music collection like i did in itunes and be able to install, manage my iPhone and transfer data. Maybe there is a google windows program for that?

I use "iSyncr for iTunes", it's perfect for the job. Find it in the Google Play Store. There's two, one for Mac and one for PC.

My MacBook Pro & Android phones, Nexus 5 and Note 3 interface nicely with my other Macs too.

For just itunes music, there is no software needed. All you need to do is open itunes and highlight all the songs you want and drag them out of itunes and drop them in a folder on your desktop. Then plug up your phone to the computer and navigate to the Music folder and you can then copy and paste them onto your phone's storage. Once copied, unplug your phone and go into your music app. They will all be there. I personally create sub folders in that Music folder in the phone's storage. The phone will see those and put them under the folder tab in the music app. Its quite simple, but really you can just drag and drop songs out of itunes into folders on your computer. This is also a great way to back up your music if you ever need to reload your system.

On a side note, you cannot just drag and drop the music directly from itunes to your note 3 storage. It will not allow. All the songs will need to be moved to a folder on the computer first. Then you can drag and drop them from there to the phone. Works like a charm. I have been doing this with itunes/android phones for years.

Back
Top Bottom