• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I've got HBOOT 1.46

KarateExplosion6

Hey, all. This is a re-post from what I just posted up at XDA. My apologies if you're reading this twice!

So . . . I have been silently following the Eris section of XDA for months now, mostly checking out all of the features with ROMs. I really started looking into rooting my phone a few weeks back, and I'm *pretty* sure I'm going to run Ivan's with Zanfur and gr0gmint's JIT.

In any case, I sent a PM over to jcase tonight because, with the new root methods available, I didn't know which to use when I finally decided to root.

Turns out, he'd never seen someone having hboot 1.46 before, but I do.

Here's my info from Power On + Vol Down:

PB00100 XC SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-1.46.0000 (PB0010000)
MICROP-0111
TOUCH PANEL-MELFAS_45_17
RADIO-2.42.00.04.12
Oct 5 2009, 19:21:56

HBOOT

<SEND> FastBoot Mode
<VOL UP> Recovery

In addition, wanted to throw out that I've never had problems with the Silent Bug or 50% Time Without Signal. However, my phone does lag like everyone else (even though I'm using SMS Cleanup, Not Call Log, Call Log Trimmer, etc.).

Didn't realize 1.46 was rare . . . my girl's asleep but tomorrow I'll ask to borrow her digital cam and I'll toss up a video of my Power On + Vol Down to YouTube to confirm.

For those interested, I got my phone mid-January at the Verizon Wireless at 342 Madison Avenue in New York City.

I had 1.46 also, got my phone in December. I had both the silent bug and the 50% bug, but only after the OTA 2.1 update. I rooted last week with no problems, using the regular flashing method. I haven't had either of the bugs since then... running White Widow 4.5 and loving it so far.

Had the Eris since late November with 1.46. It's a "golden" version from what I understand but not unheard of. Rooted yesterday. The only problem was dialer lag which OC took care of on Ivan's 1.0

Back
Top Bottom