• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

JB - Car Dock

CKwik240

I'm curious if anyone has tried docking their phone in the navigation dock since the JB update. I had the stock one disabled before the update and was using Car Dock Home v3. I wanted to see what the stock one was like, but it doesn't give me the option to enable it. I did not FDR as its running smoothly and I have too much stuff going on to FDR it and set my phone back up anytime this week.

On a side note, the desk dock is changed with readable large numbers. Can't tell how dim or bright it is in the dark yet, but the small size of the clock text in ICS was a PITA. That said, if anyone is getting errors when trying to get the dock mode to work, go to Google Play Music app under the manage apps and uninstall the updates if you haven't FDR'd.

I'm curious if anyone has tried docking their phone in the navigation dock since the JB update. I had the stock one disabled before the update and was using Car Dock Home v3. I wanted to see what the stock one was like, but it doesn't give me the option to enable it. I did not FDR as its running smoothly and I have too much stuff going on to FDR it and set my phone back up anytime this week. .

Do you still have Car Dock Home installed? If so, this may help: you should be able to go into settings->applications, find Car Dock Home, and there should be a button that says "Clear defaults". Tap that, and then the next time that you dock the phone it should ask you which app you want to use, and allow you to make one the default.

I used the stock car dock today, first with JB. It was a little sluggish in the begining. It became smoother as time went on. Not sure how much faster/ more responsive it is then under ICS. I run Waze GPS & IHeartRadio apps when I am driving around. Let's give it a few more days.
I also have a media dock & use the dock clock app. The font does seem bigger & alarm is louder, same crappy snooze/dismiss box as in ICS. I really miss the GB stock alarm clock app.

Do you still have Car Dock Home installed? If so, this may help: you should be able to go into settings->applications, find Car Dock Home, and there should be a button that says "Clear defaults". Tap that, and then the next time that you dock the phone it should ask you which app you want to use, and allow you to make one the default.

The app is completely disabled in the app manager (similar to freezing an app with Titanium Back-Up). Its not a matter of default selection. It just will not let me enable it again as with other apps.

Back
Top Bottom