• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

JB update and loss of SD card

aapdroid

Lurker
The phone updated the OS today and after that it cannot mount the SD card, where I had pics and music.
I went to the VZW store and they said there is nothing they can do. That I should copy the SD content to a PC and reformat the SD Card. However, I connected the phone to the computer (with "Stay awake" and "USB debugging" on) but the computer cannot see the SD card.
It was working OK until the update.

Any ideas of what can be done to save the data before reformatting the card?

Thanks!

The phone updated the OS today and after that it cannot mount the SD card, where I had pics and music.
I went to the VZW store and they said there is nothing they can do. That I should copy the SD content to a PC and reformat the SD Card. However, I connected the phone to the computer (with "Stay awake" and "USB debugging" on) but the computer cannot see the SD card.

Thanks!

An external SD card? Perhaps the best idea is to get a USB SD card reader for your computer, power off the phone and remove the card, and try to access it from the computer.

Something like this: Amazon.com: IOGEAR SD/MicroSD/MMC Card Reader/Writer GFR204SD (Green/Gray): Electronics

And, for the future, it might be a good idea to use an automatic photo upload service for the phone like Google+, Sugarsync or Dropbox, which will upload photos from your phone right after you take them.

Thanks!

I have two starting questions ...

Did you pull off the back and make sure that the SD-Ext and SIM cards are squarely and firmly seated?

Did you re-boot (power off / power on) your Bionic?

(I have found in all these stores there is one person that all the other employees taker their problems to. Were you talking to that person in your store?)

... Thom

Back
Top Bottom