• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

JB update done - 1 problem, help please!

Phandruid

Lurker
Hello Nexus S friends - I posted this in Android Lounge before discovering this forum, apologies for duplication:

Hello all, site newbie here. Not sure if anyone has experienced this and can help, but I have a Nexus S (bought it the day they arrived in the UK, not network-specific) and got the JB update yesterday.

The new 'Unlock' screen came up after the update was done, but it hasn't come up since then - it just goes straight to my PIN screen when I turn the phone on. I can't find a setting anywhere that would affect this, and powering off before restarting makes no difference.

I'm really not a techie person so have very quickly run out of ideas - if anyone has any thoughts it would be great to hear them.

Many thanks.
druid

If you've set a pin to unlock your phone, it will always go to the pin screen when you turn on/wake the device.

If you want it to start with an unlock screen (with the slider) you will have to go in to Settings > Security, and (after entering your PIN) change it to Slide. This means you will NOT have a pin protecting your phone.

This is an either or sort of thing. You can either have a pin (or password) or have the slider. Not both.

Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom