• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Jelly Bean and Sky Map apps-

Jerry-rigged

Android Enthusiast
Howdy gang -

Is there any known issues with JB and sky-map apps? I don't actually use the SKY MAP app, but I use SkiSafari and SkEye. Since the JB update, they don't follow the phones movements to track the sky, instead they both just randomly float around...

Help?

Google Sky Maps has never worked on my GNex (which on bought on release date). It does the same thing you're describing, doesn't matter where I point the phone it doesn't follow me. ICS or JB, did the same on both.

Similar issue here. Sky Map worked great on ICS. On JB no matter what ROM I use it does not work. I have not tried it using stock JB.

I've never had issues with it not working "following my movement" on stock versions. I'm currently using 4.1.1 by mmuzzy and it is working fine. I do have issues with it randomly moving in the specified area. If I hold the phone still; it will move around in that area a bit. My OG Droid would stay on the spot completely. I've noticed this issue with the random movement in the area on the GNex on several versions.

Sky map has never worked on my nexus. If I enter a search like for the moon it say its under me behind me but never were its at in front of me. And I've tried things to try and fix it but nothing has worked. I wish it had a setting like my droidX to cinc the compass. I'm on stock jb and was on stick ICS.

Back
Top Bottom