• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Jelly Bean for my samsung Galaxy s2 Gt-i9100

Arslan145

Hello all, I have Samsung Galaxy s2 Gt-i9100 and i live in Pakistan. Jelly Bean update is not available in my country atm and im using ice-cream sandwich which is not working well for me. My phone is freezing like hell, restarting time after time... I am worried about it! Can anybody tell me what should I do? Root the device and install Jelly bean? Or i should move back to gingerbread? Or i should wait for the official update? Any idea when will they release jb for s2 in our country? And if you suggest rooting, can you tell me the precautions and risks as im a noob @ it,, don't know much about that and im very afraid. Thanks in advance

I'd say to just do a factory reset on the device. That usually solves all OTA bugs. Just remember to backup your things so you don't lose them. :)

Arslan, are you using any type of Task Killer or battery saving app like Juice Defender?

Arslan, are you using any type of Task Killer or battery saving app like Juice Defender?

No and just when i restored the default factory settings, even before installing any kind of app or anything even the memory card was out, it was still freezing and restarting.

How long does it stay running between restarts? I'm reading some other threads to see if there is a solution.

How long does it stay running between restarts? I'm reading some other threads to see if there is a solution.

Depends, sometimes its working just fine, sometimes it restarts minutes after minutes but mostly it stays fine for a long time. It vibrates just when it hangs. Single vibration means it is hang and then after some 5 to 10 seconds, it vibrates 3 times and restarts!

Depends, sometimes its working just fine, sometimes it restarts minutes after minutes but mostly it stays fine for a long time. It vibrates just when it hangs. Single vibration means it is hang and then after some 5 to 10 seconds, it vibrates 3 times and restarts!

I just read three or four different threads. One solution is to pull the battery out and let the phone site for 10-20 minutes. Some have had success with this. Unfortunately, a lot of folks didn't and had to do a warranty replacement.

I'll keep hunting around.:)

I just read three or four different threads. One solution is to pull the battery out and let the phone site for 10-20 minutes. Some have had success with this. Unfortunately, a lot of folks didn't and had to do a warranty replacement.

I'll keep hunting around.:)

Appreciated! Thankyou so much bro :-) I'll try this solution in a while :-)

Taken from, "Firmware update problems... what you can do!"...

If, after a Factory Reset and prior to installing any app's, you find that your phone is still misbehaving this could be because of a corrupt installation of the firmware update originally. You can either take it to a Samsung Service Point or re-flash the firmware yourself using Odin and the instructions in #1.7, here.

This would entail downloading your existing firmware for your CSC code. This is all explained in the quote link.

Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom