• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Jelly Bean (Ram)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokey Mc Pot

Android Enthusiast
Thread closed - overcome by latest firmware releases. EarlyMon for Smoky Mc Pot

Jelly Bean is finally started to roll out to "Kies" update for the Galaxy Ace 2.

Many users updated their phones and kept the same Ram values as GB before the update (555mb Ram), some users reported to have only (482mb Ram) less Ram than before. And recently I heard that the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 New with Jelly Bean preinstalled out of the box comes with (624mb Ram).

So... I'm confused as the why is Samsung giving less Ram in the update?!
From what I experienced, the different displayed amounts of Ram, doesn't really affect the performance of the device...but I would like to read your opinions?

*How much Ram do you have displayed in your phone now after the update?

*Are you happy with your phone performance?

*Have you experienced any lags, faults, bugs or crashes on your phone ?

I can personally say from my own experience that the differences in ram total don't really seem to make much difference. When I ran the TMN branded MC8 firmware I had the larger 624. With the BTU firmware I only upgrade via Kies now it's available. I only have the 550 available now (it's not 555) and performance is not impacted in the slightest.

So I really wouldn't say it's anything for anyone to worry about. Yes, there are performance issues with the Jelly Bean firmware but that's all down to firmware optimisation and not RAM. Simply rooting and applying Andromizer(sp?) One-touch-optimisation will clear up video streaming lags and installing Nova Launcher can help with the laggy Nature UX launcher.

Today i updated to JB wirelessly over the net (not through Kies). It appears that I have 625MB of RAM but that I am using 488MB of it. Why am I using so much? Can I stop the applications I am not using (chat etc) and will this free up more RAM?

RAM doesn't work like the processor. Things are cached in RAM to improve responsiveness. Android will free the RAM when it's needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom