• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

JellyBam Rom

parag1dubey

Android Enthusiast
This is one of the best JB Roms I have tried and yet there is no mention of it on our forums. Here is the link : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1903162

The Rom is extremely smooth (butter indeed :) ). The developer is awesome and very responsive. The rom is updated almost every 2 days. You get Paranoid Android settings, Cyanogenmod settings and AOKP settings all in one rom. Battery life is very good. Aroma installer is another plus point where you can pick and choose whatever you want. The latest build is very stable. JellyBam wallpapers are also really cool. You have a choice of Apex Launcher or Touchwiz UX launcher.

Please give this rom a try. I am sure you will love it.

Quote:
- Built from source -
- Overall features of AOKP, CM10 and PARANOID -
- Custom JellyBam Settings with preferences -
- Tons of customizations -
- Themes and Mods in JellyBam style -
- Aroma installer -
- Latest CM10/AOKP Kernel compiled from sources -
- Latest Siyah kernel -
- Google apps included (Installable via aroma) -
- First AOKP / CM10 ROM With S-Memo and S-Calendar -
- New Mali driver -
- Exynos HWComposer -
- Lockscreen with x8 Custom app targets -
- New optimus 4x circle lockscreen -
- Ability to customize color and alpha of the optimus lockscreen -
- KeyBoard from 4.2 -*
- Clock from android 4.2 -
- Google play music from android 4.2 -
- Sony Walkman music player -
- Bravia Engine libraries -
- Bravia XLoud audio libraries -
- Paranoid Android settings -
- Per-App-DPI Changer -
- Per-App-Color -
- Custom home action and hardware button in lockscreen -
- Quick/Long click on weather and clock actions -
- JellyBam Panel in settings app -
- AOKP and CyanogenMod Settings -
- Mass storage mode -
- OTA Update via UpdateMe App -
- You can keep your ROM up to date with latest Tweaks, Mods, Themes via UpdateMe app -
- GAPPS included, no need to flash anything else -
- Gallery support picasa share -
- Apollo Music Player (Themed) -
- Album app from sony xperia -
- Quick SMS -
- AwesomBeats Lib -
- A good combination of stability and performance (Thanks Siyah Kernel + Personal mod) -
- Bluetooth hacked for send / receive APK -
- YouTube hacked with 3G+WiFi HD 720p PlayBack -
- Init.d scripts -
- JellyBOOM script -
- Media quality tweak -
- 3G and GPS Tweak -
- RAM Optimization + Multitasking -
- SmoothScrolling tweak -
- V6 Supercharger included -
- lot of Themes available in UpdateMe -
- TouchWiz 5 Launcher -
- Trebuchet Launcher -
-*Beats Audio by Dr Dre*(Powerfull bass) -
- Clearbass Sound by Sony*(Clear Bass) -
- Xloud by SonyEricsson*(higher sound volume and clearer sound on speaker) -
- Dolby Digital Sound*(Equalizer enhancer bass setting and Surround setting) -
- Surround Sound*(Deeper bass and reduction of bass distortion plus Eq setting support) -
- JellyBam custom Bootanimation by metallaxis -
- Center Clock/No clock/Right Clock -
-Volume Panel (Volume Rocker allows you to change ALL volume levels in one Menu) -
- Lockscreen Weather -
- Lockscreen Vibration on/off toggle -
- Performance/Color Settings -
- Brightness Control Slider -
- Multilang -
- JellyBam Style -
- Much more! Check it by yourself! -

- All the amazing features of CM10, PARANOID AND AOKP ALL TOGETHER-
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

project vendor_jellybam:
* modified jellybam version from "date" to v1.0.0 (the first number indicate a big frameworks and apps updates, the second will be for minor frameworks and apps update, the third for general bug fixes and urgent update and will probably be for specific device only)
* initial WIP for building n8000, i9250 and p970 jellybam rom

project android_frameworks_base:
* Fix memory leak in SettingsObserver
* Move SettingsObserver to DecorView where it is needed and observe/unobserve on attach/detach from Window

project packages_apps_Settings:
* Added facebook fan page and github to about jellybam
* Updated finnish translations
* Update Greek translations
* Power widget: Hide Wi-Fi AP option if it's not supported
* Update pt-pt translations

project packages_apps_Mms:
* Quick SMS features added back
* Emoticon button on bottom right of the keyboard

project jellybam:
* Added Paper Artist ported from note 2 to samsung app (AROMA)
* Fixed low DPI issue that was affectin xhdpi devices (n7000, n7100 and i9300)
* Added default inverted Mms (Black and Blue experience) (Stock themed will be pushed to aroma in further version if i see some request from people)
* Added default inverted Contacts (Black and Blue experience) (Stock themed will be pushed to aroma in further version if i see some request from people)
* Added default inverted Apollo apps (Black and Blue experience) (Stock themed will be pushed to aroma in further version if i see some request from people)
* Toolchain and libs from android 4.2 (wip)
* Dorimanx kernel updated to v7.24 (i9100)
* Siyah kernel updated to v1.8 (i9300)

We are working hard every day for improve and let jellybam become the best rom ever created, if you enjoy it, please, consider a small donation to us by clicking this link! thank you

P.S. While I usually try to inject some humour into most of my posts, even though some of it falls flat on its face (:)), this post is devoid of humour. Indeed, it reads more like a bloody physics textbook rather than an introduction to a rom. The reason for this is that I am having a pretty bad week :( . Maybe i will come back and edit this once i feel better. But be sure to test the Rom. You ll love it . Cheers.

what a coincidence, I was just browsing the xda forums and starting of flashing this. The one issue I have is that CM/AOKP roms don't play nice with external SD cards. Please tell me it works with this rom?

Yes, I have found no problems with external sd card. Cyanogenmod File Manager is included in the rom and you can browse your external sd card very easily and install stuff from it.

External sdcard is renamed as sdcard0 sometimes. Please check. Dont be hasty.

Appreciate your help, but I've already checked and it's not there. I know there are work arounds (mounting/remounting etc) but as I said, I have used CM/AOKP roms before, and they are somewhat erratic in sd card functions. Sometimes it's not there, sometimes the media files aren't scanned into media player apps, sometimes files disappear, and what I hate most of all is that for some reason one day it chooses to say that the card is corrupted and I have to format it, losing all files I have in there.

Anyways, the rom is great. Fast and responsive with alot of options from the very short time I've had with it. If using the sd card is not important I would have stayed with it.

Glad you tried it :) If u decide to use aokp cm10 roms in the future, I recommend you download and install the Astro file manager from Play Store. It is easier to browse. Personally, I have never had any external sd issues with this rom. In fact, i am browsing my external sd card on it, as I type :)

Back
Top Bottom