• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

JFYI, New Purchased Intercepts are shipped with 2.2.2 (Froyo)

lpnalda

Hi, ok got the Intercept, and to my suprise, the phone has 2.2.2, which I guess was this way out of box, as there didn't seem to be any stalls in updating upon activation. So, just to let folks know.

That's good to know!! I might be getting a new one cause my keyboard is cracking and I was concerned about being stuck with 2.1 again since I don't have the ability to upgrade unless it pushes through again haha

That's good to know!! I might be getting a new one cause my keyboard is cracking and I was concerned about being stuck with 2.1 again since I don't have the ability to upgrade unless it pushes through again haha

Yeah, I was quite surprised. I was *sure* my model had came with 2.1, as everyone said that's what they come with, but, by chance I happened to check my version, and that's when I found it had 2.2.2. That leads me to believe that they all ship with it now.

Just got one for my wife. Screen is the same as my new Optimus with2.2.1. Doesn't want to download skype although I had no problem with my phone.

you lose smart dialing and speed dialing with the 2.2 update, also rooting the phone comopletley wrecks it and makes it SUPER slow.

Yeah, I was quite surprised. I was *sure* my model had came with 2.1, as everyone said that's what they come with, but, by chance I happened to check my version, and that's when I found it had 2.2.2. That leads me to believe that they all ship with it now.

Ok I have to recant my message, as a friend got an intercept, and It didn't come with 2.2.2. It's no big deal really, the OTA upgrade is really simple and doesn't take too long.

Back
Top Bottom