• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help jp5 tablet heat issue

Lytegut

Lurker
Sorry for going off topic, but looking to get a real answer to this issue my brother is having.

My brother is in FDOC, he has a JPS5 it is having heat issue, shutting down in 10 minutes . He says the device showed he used 20% of power by just righting an email to me. With that said he says when he can plug it in, the system can show being in red(30%> before plugging in but sometimes show has being (50%<) has soon has plugged in.

It is hard for me to help him without knowing what apps or settings he can use for optimization of the system like cleaning ram and closing down apps running.

He just learned how to delete music he said, not sure if that says he doesn't know much on device or if it's more the way it has to be done with it connected to kiosk.

We are looking into possibly just getting a second player for him, how would any apps, books, music or what have you be handled (be lost?) Or is it kind of like the play store where he could get them back?

Looking for upper lvl support ( Manager to call) today, they happen to be in a meeting at the time, if no call I will call again and see if they are in a meeting again.

Sorry for going off topic, but looking to get a real answer to this issue my brother is having.

My brother is in FDOC, he has a JPS5 it is having heat issue, shutting down in 10 minutes . He says the device showed he used 20% of power by just righting an email to me. With that said he says when he can plug it in, the system can show being in red(30%> before plugging in but sometimes show has being (50%<) has soon has plugged in.

It is hard for me to help him without knowing what apps or settings he can use for optimization of the system like cleaning ram and closing down apps running.

He just learned how to delete music he said, not sure if that says he doesn't know much on device or if it's more the way it has to be done with it connected to kiosk.

We are looking into possibly just getting a second player for him, how would any apps, books, music or what have you be handled (be lost?) Or is it kind of like the play store where he could get them back?

Looking for upper lvl support ( Manager to call) today, they happen to be in a meeting at the time, if no call I will call again and see if they are in a meeting again.
1)over heating and charging issues are most likely be a hardware issue. you can try factory resetting it and see if the issue persists. if it does then it is a hardware issue.

2)just have him reboot the tablet from time to time. this will clear cache and even ram

3)if you get another device as long as you sign in using the same google acct, all your app, music, and book purchases will sync up and you will not loose those.

4) not sure what you are talking about as far as lvl support and managers, but i hope they help you.

Back
Top Bottom