• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Juice defender 1.13x. What does that mean?

otter

Does that mean it's using 13% less battery that it would without juice defender? Is there a way to translate that into hours if that's the case? I started out w/ Juice defender being 1.52x after 5 hours of having it installed and now it's down to 1.13x. What exactly does that mean?

Also today I was in an area that had wifi. I don't use wifi much, but when I turned my phone on wifi was already enabled. It must have been searching while the phone was off?

Also I have beautiful wifi widget on my home screen. That's normally red because I don't use it much at all, however I noticed that it was green even when I wasn't near a place where I usewifi. Is it constantly searching for wifi and won't that drain my battery faster? Is there a way to configure that?

tx, moto droid bb 0.4, chevy 1.2Ghz ULV

I just installed Juice Defender as well. Not exactly sure what those numbers mean either.

Still feeling it out myself, what I did read is that where it shines is when you are not using the Droid by cutting 3G time, and system processes for example.

I did some reading on that topic regarding whether wifi actually saves battery life. I am falling on the side that it does. The thought being that it takes much more energy connecting and receiving info on a slower 3G or less network vs the speed of wifi. Other people state that it is constantly searching and sucking your battery dry. On my Moto Droid I do not find that to be the case.

There are several threads on that topic. Let me know if you find anything else out on Juice Defender.

I just installed it and mine is only x1.00...I'd like to also know what this means.

EDIT: I just clicked the "Help" button and it says, "JuiceDefender multiplied your battery life by x1.01"

So that x1.13 means JD multiplied your battery life x1.13 lol

I emailed him but no response yet. I'm thinking that if it's 1.0x that means it's the same as if you didn't have juice defender. I say that because mine is around 1.2 and I can't notice a difference in battery life.

If you have 2.0x then it's doubling your battery life, for example. If it's 1.45x then it's 45% greater. That's my guess. Hopefully he will respond to email

Before JD was updated a few times, I used to get numbers above 2.00x. Now I just get N/A, lol. So I uninstalled it.

Yeah, the more features of it you use, the higher your multiplier will go.

So, if you have data only enabled 1m out of 15m, some night settings where data is completely off, etc., your multiplier will be a lot higher than 1.13x

Even with your current settings though, Juice Defender estimates that it is squeezing out an extra 13% of battery life.

I can hardly call my settings agressive, as I have 9 hours of peak time where I have data completely enabled, and then when I do conserve it off peak, it's on 3m out of 15, but I still manage to get 1.29x.

It has been pretty noticeable for me today...7 hours off the charger so far and still at 70%, though my usage has been pretty moderate.

I have the new version of juice defender, but can't seem to find the number you're talking about anywhere in the app any more (I also tried the app a long time ago, back then I found it, just can't in the new version)
It is supposed to tell you in the widget as well, but widget just says n/a.

Back
Top Bottom